Fiat Coupe Club UK

Thinking of Breaking My 1999 20vt6

Posted By: Anonymous

Thinking of Breaking My 1999 20vt6 - 28/04/2014 17:10

Must be the unluckiest coupe ever, Had the cam belt go out on this twice since my 6 year ownership, both well before their recommended time too.. Cut a long story short, June 2013 got a replacement head, fitted it, new cam-belt/tensioner kit. Thought I got away with no engine damage..running fine til August 2013, but developed a rattling sound coming from what I can only assume is the bottom block, around 2-3k rpm. To break or not?
Posted By: H_R

Re: Thinking of Breaking My 1999 20vt6 - 28/04/2014 17:40

Dont break it!! fix it!! or sell it cheap to me and i will fix it!
Its so sad to see these broken especially if the body work is rust free!

Re: Thinking of Breaking My 1999 20vt6 - 28/04/2014 19:05

I regret breaking mine.

I lost heart in mine after a drunken vandal jumped on my roof after I had nearly completed fully restoring it.

Breaking it has managed to recoup a lot of the hard earned, but tearing it apart made me realise what good condition it was in and how it was worth saving.

You think about it even if you get hit hard by a string of hefty repair bills. You'd struggle to total all that money up and go buy a different car of similar performance and uniqueness that ticks as many boxes as a coupe does.

Depends what you want if you plan on going all sensible and chilling out after breaking sometimes it can be healthy to get rid of a performance car laugh

Re: Thinking of Breaking My 1999 20vt6 - 28/04/2014 19:39

When I get selling permission I may very we'll put it up for sale as is if someone wants it. Not financially viable for me too fix, plus I'm happy with my 330ci vert.
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK