Fiat Coupe Club UK

whats my plus worth?

Posted By: alexjames

whats my plus worth? - 20/05/2014 17:23

Im being forced to sell my plus to buy a house! Ill try holding onto her for as long as possible but what is she worth?

62 trim turbo running 352bhp. Full extensive history. Loads of stuff done. Just spent £800 on her in the last 6 weeks.

Pics

click to enlarge

click to enlarge

Posted By: Anonymous

Re: whats my plus worth? - 20/05/2014 17:39

What's the mileage? That will have a bearing on how attractive it becomes as a purchase to prospective buyers.

I'd say 4-6K as it looks very well kept.

Re: whats my plus worth? - 20/05/2014 17:43

Chassis done 142k but Barbz put a new engine in which has done approx 87k. It used to be proccys which had a hell of alot of money thrown at it.

Re: whats my plus worth? - 20/05/2014 17:54

That will have a bearing on price, as, unfortunately, the car has seen significant miles and changes. All-be-it good ones. I'd try around the £4K mark Alex, maybe ask for more, and accept less?

If it was an original all 87,000 mile car, then I'd say more. Well, this would be my thought process as a buyer.

But you appreciate this is my thoughts, and I'm usually wrong wink

Re: whats my plus worth? - 20/05/2014 18:04

I've seen this in the flesh and it looks amazing.
I think if you can prove to any prospective buyer this is one of a kind, you should be able to command a high price, despite the mileage.
Are there many other well kept pluses on the market with the azev alloys, proven power and a massive service history.
Probably not many, if any?
On the other hand, it depends how quick you need to sell?
Posted By: chrissy

Re: whats my plus worth? - 20/05/2014 18:29

Stunning looking!
£4000+ car that..
Posted By: mrc

Re: whats my plus worth? - 20/05/2014 23:01

£4000 seems low, a plus in good condition with sensible mods should be worth £5500 but it's all ways down to the same issue of finding the right buyer!
Posted By: Liquid

Re: whats my plus worth? - 20/05/2014 23:06

Originally Posted By: DanDan
I've seen this in the flesh and it looks amazing.
I think if you can prove to any prospective buyer this is one of a kind, you should be able to command a high price, despite the mileage.
Are there many other well kept pluses on the market with the azev alloys, proven power and a massive service history.
Probably not many, if any?
On the other hand, it depends how quick you need to sell?

Mine! Well it will be soon as ive been over to pick it up from Fcss...
Posted By: chrissy

Re: whats my plus worth? - 21/05/2014 06:20

Originally Posted By: mrc
£4000 seems low, a plus in good condition with sensible mods should be worth £5500 but it's all ways down to the same issue of finding the right buyer!

145k will always play a big part in the price. Irrespective of maintenance, its a high mileage Coupe.

Re: whats my plus worth? - 21/05/2014 06:44

When I last saw it the car looked mint, sounded great and belied both its age and odo. If the blocks at 90k then that's all anyone should care about, that and the fact that barbz has had his hands on it!

Re: whats my plus worth? - 21/05/2014 06:51

Yes, as MrC said; at the end of the day, it's down to finding the right buyer with the right money. Someone who appreciates the maintenance the car has received and is willing to spend their money to own it.

What you need to ask yourself is "If you had, say £5500.00, would you buy it?" Honestly!

Just remember Duffy's car and DLT's. Neither went for anywhere near their perceived worth…..

Re: whats my plus worth? - 21/05/2014 06:59

Originally Posted By: chrissy
145k will always play a big part in the price. Irrespective of maintenance, its a high mileage Coupe.

I agree with chrissy that the mileage pushes the price down 3.5k/4.5k

Originally Posted By: Big_Muzzie
that and the fact that barbz has had his hands on it!

rofl

Re: whats my plus worth? - 21/05/2014 07:25

The engine has proper oil pressure as Barbz says lol. The needle must be stuck at 3 bar as it never moves, even when very hot. Hasnt skipped a beat since ive had her. Cosmetically its better looking than the last 2 ive had which have been of a similar age.

If I eventually get down to listing a for sale advert id put it down at a realistic 4k which imo is a fair price to pay considering everything... in fact id say that would be a bargain!

Re: whats my plus worth? - 21/05/2014 07:45

well if you think its a bargain at 4k then you need to raise your asking price .

Re: whats my plus worth? - 21/05/2014 09:31

As myself and many others have said, it's down to finding the right buyer, and it will also depend how quick you need to get rid.

4k would be a bargain IMO. If I had 4k spare I wouldn't think twice.

I sold my T reg sprinty a few years back with 188k on the clock for £1,300. The body work was excellent and the engine had been replaced and on 80k or so.
I found a buyer who just fell in love with it. This was at a time when coupes seemed to be fetching around the 1k - 1.5k for nice, low/mid mileage examples.

If you need it gone - sell it at 4k
If you can afford to hold on for a bit and wait to find the right buyer, ask what you truly think it is worth. smile
It's not like you have that many like this to choose from, unless Liquid is selling his! wink
Posted By: Liquid

Re: whats my plus worth? - 21/05/2014 14:17

I will be so either hold fire alex or do it now!!! laugh

Re: whats my plus worth? - 21/05/2014 15:09

No real rush Dan to sell but Ill probably have it in the for sale section in next couple days
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK