Fiat Coupe Club UK

Meet Lefty.

Posted By: magooagain

Meet Lefty. - 14/07/2014 17:02

Its a 1997 20vt in resprayed red and its a left hooker with cream leather interior.Gill popped over to the UK last wednesday to pick it up. Some of you may have seen it on Autotrader.
Its looking a bit pink in these pics but she is a true deep red in real life.click to enlarge click to enlarge click to enlarge click to enlarge click to enlarge click to enlarge click to enlarge click to enlarge Have a look at the key in the ignition,its because its a lefty that its so tight to get your hand in to start the car,also you have to really get your left leg across to depress the clutch.click to enlarge .

Its a nice car. Just over 61,000miles. The engine bay has never been cleaned, its got 17 years of dirt on it. The boot needs a good clean also. Some of the big jobs have been done. Full cambelt service. New discs and pads with the rear calipers having been replaced with a decent second hand set.
Full service history with one owner. A Brit that was living in the south of France. He bought it new there. But 12 years later moved back to the UK. Hence the UK plates.I have not seen much rust yet due to it spending long time in france. Funny thing when Gill went to pick up the car she opened the bonnet and checked the engine oil. The owner tried to tell her she was checking the gearbox oil! Thank god he used a garage for his servicing.

There is a leak on the power steering somewhere. But i will get to grips with the car during the next 6 months and will be bring it back to its former glory.Very happy to have a Sunday coupe once again.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Meet Lefty. - 14/07/2014 17:10

Nice that is and I do love the interior

Re: Meet Lefty. - 14/07/2014 17:26

Nice find Joe .
Posted By: kaci

Re: Meet Lefty. - 14/07/2014 17:30

Nice Coupé.
And..........left-hand drive cool
Posted By: Countrycruising

Re: Meet Lefty. - 14/07/2014 17:31

It's great to know this Coupe has returned to a warm climate, it's a very nice example so chuffed you purchased it thumb
Posted By: Hovedan

Re: Meet Lefty. - 14/07/2014 17:37

Nice pur-chase Joe thumb

Re: Meet Lefty. - 14/07/2014 18:18

Main images not opening for me but the thumbnails look good. Agree with Furry, cream leather works well with the red. love

Re: Meet Lefty. - 14/07/2014 18:30

That's made the decision for me. I must have cream leather in my life!
That's perfect!
Posted By: Edinburgh

Re: Meet Lefty. - 14/07/2014 18:58

Yep it's the cream upholstery which sets this off for me, especially welcome in your climate magooagain. Mileage also a big plus.

If the ignition is so tight it must be the same for them all! Any future in a push button start conversion?

Great find!
Posted By: paulw

Re: Meet Lefty. - 14/07/2014 22:41

I like the cream leather too; really works with the red. I always liked the tan leather with my sprinty ... would really like to get another rolleyes

Perhaps there's another 'lefty' out there somewhere just waiting for me!

Re: Meet Lefty. - 14/07/2014 23:11

I have a lefty! click to enlarge
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK