Fiat Coupe Club UK

MOT

Posted By: AnnieMac

MOT - 26/10/2014 23:03

I know somebody said it's boring to post when your Coupe passes, but I was so happy when it sailed through this week! I am going to try Italia Speed in Newbury for a routine service. They mostly do Alfas but thought I would check them out as they are much closer to home for me than Solo Italia.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: MOT - 27/10/2014 07:31

My god what garage did you use!!! Im sure they find faults no matter what these days just to earn a few extra quid...

Little tip for you, befor you go for service mark all the items due to be replaced, oilfilter, air filter, plugs ect ect as its more common than you think for unscrupulous garages to not bother changing said items..

my old man had his disco serviced last yr so I thought id give their work the quick once over as my dad's retired now, on looking at the air filter is was clearly stil the old dirty filter!
So not happy at that I drop the oil to find thick black oil instead of the nice clear brown youd expect from freshly serviced engine!!
Of course the garage swore blind they changed every item listed but as theirs no way of proving otherwise I just had to let it go.
so yer make sure to give your old items a little mark that only you would notice and make sure you check them befof you leave the garage!
Posted By: workshy

Re: MOT - 27/10/2014 17:17

Originally Posted By: AnnieMac
I am going to try Italia Speed in Newbury for a routine service. They mostly do Alfas but thought I would check them out as they are much closer to home for me than Solo Italia.

I know it's only a service, but even so, take the Coop to someone who knows about these cars!

Solo Italia are only 30 miles from Newbury, and a big chunk of the journey is on the A34... Legally do-able in 40 minutes!

Make an afternoon of it. Have a wander round Eynsham village, grab a bite to eat, and be confident your Coop's in safe hands smile

...Just my opinion!
Posted By: alexjames

Re: MOT - 28/10/2014 09:19

Id second solo italia. Rick and Gaz are good guys

Re: MOT - 29/10/2014 01:36

I am going to take your advice and go with Solo Italia. Italia Speed quoted me £315 just for a routine service, which is a bit steep. The garage that passed the Coupe for its MOT was One Stop Service Centre in Faraday Road, Newbury. They also passed our ancient (L reg) Ford transit mini-bus this year, after a small amount of welding. It's ex-Salvation Army and it just seems to keep rolling along, great for holidays and dog transportation.

Re: MOT - 29/10/2014 08:32

My local hard as nails garage failed my LE on 14 counts during a post purchase mock inspection. They made this inspection for a small fee.
A garage in Cardiff passed it without even an advisory just 3 weeks prior to this.

Not really a standardized test is it?

Much as I slag off my garage and say things like "I wouldn`t trust them even to work on a tractor", I like the fact that they are completely unbending with regard to the MOT regulations.

I try to prep. to their standard and just occasionally I succeed.

Re: MOT - 29/10/2014 15:00

What I don't understand is why an advisory from last year is never picked up. They don't even seem to want you to mention it. I've just booked my coupe in at Solo Italia for its service. Rick has quoted £245 so well worth the trip ...

Re: MOT - 29/10/2014 15:01

By the way, Italia Speed quoted £315.

Re: MOT - 29/10/2014 15:49

What I don't understand is why an advisory from last year is never picked up. They don't even seem to want you to mention it. I've just booked my coupe in at Solo Italia for its service. Rick has quoted £245 so well worth the trip ...

I'd want it polished and valeted for that ! laugh
Posted By: workshy

Re: MOT - 29/10/2014 21:59

I am going to take your advice and go with Solo Italia. Italia Speed quoted me £315 just for a routine service, which is a bit steep.

Rick and Gaz are great guy's, but if you want to wander round the village while the works being done, DON'T get them talking about Coops!

...Apparently there's a donkey round the back with no hind legs! smile

Re: MOT - 30/10/2014 03:47

I don't mind Workshy, I love talking about Coops!

Re: MOT - 30/10/2014 07:10

The donkey has become highly knowledgeable and will do your service for just £175. laugh
Posted By: barnacle

Re: MOT - 30/10/2014 09:01

Pay peanuts, get donkeys?

Nah, that's not right! laugh

Re: MOT - 30/10/2014 09:14

Service would take a week though because he can`t get around like he used to. wink
Posted By: oxfordSteve

Re: MOT - 30/10/2014 09:20

A donkey at solo? I though they finally managed to shift that diesel coop?
Posted By: Gaz

Re: MOT - 31/10/2014 22:05

That we did Steve woohoo

Re: MOT - 01/11/2014 12:38

bloody hell!

Re: MOT - 03/11/2014 22:18

Took my Coupe to Solo Italia today for a full service. They did a fantastic job, driving back it felt like a new car. Great discount on the brakes and lots of extra bits for free. How could I have even considered ItaliaSpeed???

Re: MOT - 04/11/2014 20:10

Thank you for the kind words Annie

Re: MOT - 06/11/2014 16:11

Mine always felt like a different car after a service with gaz. I always put it down to swapping back from that scarey punto he'd given Mr as a courtesy car......

Re: MOT - 06/11/2014 23:47

I quite liked the punto, thought it was a great little car. Sometimes I wonder why I don't drive something like that all the time ...

Re: MOT - 07/11/2014 06:25

My ex's MK1 punto was a hoot to drive, but it had the most uncomfortable drivers seat I've ever met.
Posted By: Cooperman

Re: MOT - 07/11/2014 20:02

Glad you had a good result with the service, How about a diesel coupe with. Jtdm lump under the Bonnet chaps?

Re: MOT - 10/11/2014 21:16

Iam already going to burn in hell for doing the other Coupe diesel furious

Re: MOT - 11/11/2014 06:32

It's not because it was a diesel, Gaz - it's because it was the *wrong* diesel.

Now if it had been the 1.9/150 JTD...

(and yes, I know that means you have to go back pretty much to a bare shell!)

Re: MOT - 15/11/2014 22:04

I would have bought that lovely green diesel coupe if I did not already have the Coupe of my dreams ...
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK