Fiat Coupe Club UK

Samantha

Posted By: Anonymous

Samantha - 20/03/2015 08:33

mmmmm this is a sweet coupe! Never seen one before, but by 'eck it looks a bute!
Posted By: barnacle

Re: Samantha - 20/03/2015 08:56

Damn it, I nearly bought one of those in the mid eighties, for peanuts. Gorgeous car, but rotten to the core, which was why I didn't.

Re: Samantha - 20/03/2015 11:59

Beautiful just Beautiful
Posted By: daithi28

Re: Samantha - 20/03/2015 12:24

Ah yes, a lovely car in the flesh. One of the NIIMC members has a mint one he finished restoring in 2012.
click to enlarge click to enlarge

Re: Samantha - 20/03/2015 13:36

don't think I've ever seen that car in my country.
its a acquired taste but not bad at all.
Posted By: evo_number_one

Re: Samantha - 20/03/2015 14:05

Originally Posted By: barnacle
Damn it, I nearly bought one of those in the mid eighties, for peanuts. Gorgeous car, but rotten to the core, which was why I didn't.

Me too! There were a couple that used to come to the Twin Cam meets in Essex around '87/88. One was a beautiful red one which was very, very original, and the other was a so-so resprayed (?) metallic-brown one, not so original or beautiful with an engine from a (then) more recent 131. At one meet I arrived and got all excited when the local meet orgainiser told me the red one was for sale for offers around £2000 - but when they arrived it was the sh1t brown coloured one and it was £2,500. I did take a serious look, but it needed far too much for me to do, so at the time stuck with the 130TC instead laugh

The one I missed was in 1983 when I preferred to spend £2k on a Beta Coupe and not the mint condition metallic Fulvia Zagato for the same money - "Why do I want to buy that old thing for?"oh the innocence of youth crazy
Posted By: Per

Re: Samantha - 22/03/2015 20:42

I just lost my minty 125 Special 1972 in a garage fire, a huge loss (Along with my Coupe). Actually think it was way cooler than the Samantha but thats just me I suppose.

http://www.garaget.org/?car=263897

Re: Samantha - 26/03/2015 10:57

VDVT...

I was in Belgium last October and there is a red Samantha in Guy Moerenhout's Abarth Museum in Lier. Here's 2 pictures that I took...
click to enlarge
click to enlarge

FYI, there is also one here in Sydney...
click to enlarge

I've always liked the look of them for some reason.
Posted By: DaveG

Re: Samantha - 26/03/2015 12:10

And don't forget that it is a "living" museuem with a regular turnover of cars, so if you want one from there, just make Guy an offer!
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK