Fiat Coupe Club UK

Not so accurate parking

Posted By: Morrison

Not so accurate parking - 15/07/2015 08:47

Late for work, usual space in car park gone.

Tried to find the next 'safest' spot, positioned the car in such a way to be close to a pillar and away from the euro box in the next space. Didn't realise there was a metal guard around the pillar.

There is now an eight inch yellow line down the side of the passenger door. Grumbly me.

Luckily it looks like there's no dent and the pillar has deposited it's paint on the car rather than the other way round. Will hopefully polish out. grr
Posted By: came2dance

Re: Not so accurate parking - 15/07/2015 08:54

hooo a lucky escape there then. I did exactly the same once. Reversed into a space keeping as close as I could to a wall on my left and away from the car on my right. Came back to the car later and drove off only to wreck the whole nearside of the car on the Armco that I'd forgotten about. Massive scrapes and dents on both doors where I'd pivoted it round the corner crazy blush

Luckily it was a company Vauxhall Vectra smile
Posted By: Morrison

Re: Not so accurate parking - 15/07/2015 09:00

Yes very lucky. Had another look, the bit that did the damage is a bolt head holding the guard in place. Any closer would have punched a hole in the door. Like opening a can of sardines.

Your experience sounds particularly painful!
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK