Fiat Coupe Club UK

Best way to sell up :(

Posted By: nick_d

Best way to sell up :( - 23/07/2015 21:27

I think the time has come to move on to pastures new (er) frown
My coop has been of the road for a while now awaiting fitment of bb turbo, manifd and external waste gate... once those are fitted the car is basically a 3" downpipe and remap away from between 425-450 bhp..

I've finally just lost interest in the car I think and now have my heart set on something a little more modern, comfy and smooth.... I keep looking at bmw 335i's and audi S4's....

So ideally I would like someone to take my whole car and restore it to its former glory, the car was running perfect when I took it off the road to upgrade turbo, forged engine has only done approx 1500 miles since rebuild!
If this doesn't happen then I know the car is worth more in bits anyway but as I say I would rather its life be prolonged than ended....., and 16vts are becoming super rare nowadays!
Let me know your thoughts on my dilemma guys, any advise will be much appreciated! frown

Nick
Posted By: Loui

Re: Best way to sell up :( - 23/07/2015 21:40

Been there done that. It's like a circle you always end up with the coupe in the end lol I've had a Z4 3.0. TTV6 and a TTRS. All gone now and just have the coop and and a daily mini countryman. Nothing can give you that '"coupe" feeling. Great cars... but the coupe is something special. If your mind is set then that's it
Posted By: Begbie

Re: Best way to sell up :( - 24/07/2015 09:07

Don't do it Nick.

Get the car finished and make it a second car, whilst the newer car (which you should lease. I've got the coupe and a Juke Nismo RS) will give you the creature comforts you want.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Best way to sell up :( - 24/07/2015 10:44

Bmw or Audi? suicide
Sure you culdnt tuck it away somewhere or something? Whats it worth second hand anyway? With todays interrest it would cost you two pints a mont extra to have it in "backup" somwhere smile
Posted By: Mark_S

Re: Best way to sell up :( - 24/07/2015 21:12

I think you would deeply regret it and always hanker to have "your Coupe" back.

I purchased a A200 for commuting and creature comforts and a GTV V6 for a different enthusiast experience. I sometimes question why I keep the Coupe; then I drive it laugh
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Best way to sell up :( - 26/07/2015 20:42

My other cars are a Citroen c15 and a vw t2. When I drive the coupe it feels like I'm in a new, swanky car. I feel that it's important (for me) for all my vehicles to have "soul". I think you will miss the coupe if you sell it. Mine was my dads from new for 17 yrs, when I drive it to visit him he still looks lovingly at it and refers to it as his car over his actual one now! smile
Posted By: nick_d

Re: Best way to sell up :( - 16/08/2015 06:55

Well it seems I have a buyer for the engine, turbo, manifold and clutch, so will be coming out on Monday ;(
All there is to do then is shift the wheels (azev a), boost controller, pro alloy, and anything else that is worth anything, then she will be sent to.........

Joe's!!...... Ha, you all thought I was going say scrap heap then, didn't you!!
Spoke to Joe and I asked if he'd be interested in trying to keep my 16vt (+) alive if I gave him the remains of the car for NOTHING....
Really wanted P450 KWK to live and joe will try and breath new life into her, maybe not straight away, by he'll get round to it at some stage I'm sure!
Still very sad but needs must sometimes, and my fiat coupe journey is nearly over..... I think??
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK