Fiat Coupe Club UK

Is this a sports car

Posted By: RusH

Is this a sports car - 11/09/2015 19:58

Always intetesting to see what the PH collective have to say.... Usually quite positive and thus helping drive up those prices.

I know a number of people on the forum use PH.

pistonheads
Posted By: Submariner

Re: Is this a sports car - 11/09/2015 20:37

A good debate on that thread....imo it's a coupe/grand tourer I don't rate it or define it as a 'sports car' but it is a 'sporty car' crazy
Posted By: RusH

Re: Is this a sports car - 11/09/2015 20:45

Originally Posted By: Submariner
A good debate on that thread....imo it's a coupe/grand tourer I don't rate it or define it as a 'sports car' but it is a 'sporty car' crazy

Agree!
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Is this a sports car - 12/09/2015 08:10

How uniformed the pistonheads crowd are, alfa is a 'sporty' car fiat isn't - 90% of the reasons against the coupe are shared parts with alfa.....
Posted By: Scuderia

Re: Is this a sports car - 12/09/2015 08:35

Thats Wazza's Coupe.

From all of the Fiat Coupe pictures out there they find one from Sydney!
Posted By: barnacle

Re: Is this a sports car - 12/09/2015 08:59

It's the classic question - just like 'what's a classic?'. The only answer is 'it's what I define it to be.'

For example: I'd never class the coupe - in standard form - as a sports car; it's a grand tourer. Something you get in in London and get out of in Berlin or Edinburgh or Copenhagen or Nice. Or, as the case may be, Spa Francorchamps.

A sports car is something *intended* for the track, but in which you can drive to and from the race track... but your own intent changes it, too. If it lives on a trailer and isn't road legal, it's a race car. If it's a half million pound Ferrari that spends all its time on the King's Road and never gets anywhere near a track, it's a GT, irrespective of Ferrari's idea about what the car was for.
Posted By: magooagain

Re: Is this a sports car - 12/09/2015 13:33

It's got to be a gt coupe. Ok on track they are fun and serious compitition for exotic machines in a straight line.

But their real home is miles and miles of European autoroute.
A thousand miles in a day is possible in the coupe in comfort.

When you sweep down from one autoroute to another and open it up well that's a very nice feeling.

We all know it can take four adults but I wouldn't want to on a long trip.
Plenty of room in the car for spare track wheels,camping gear ,bedding and bottles of lemonade.
What's not to like. But a gt coupe it is.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Is this a sports car - 12/09/2015 16:01

Definition from one source on the net Sports Car = a low small usually 2-passenger automobile designed for quick response, easy maneuverability, and high-speed driving
Posted By: andyps

Re: Is this a sports car - 12/09/2015 16:50

I've just replied - it is a sporty car, but ultimately it is a coupe!
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK