click to enlarge

click to enlarge
Posted By: Countrycruising

Re: Check your oil cooler pipes! - 11/01/2016 10:29

sick

Is the engine ok?
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Check your oil cooler pipes! - 11/01/2016 11:02

Not sure, hopefully. I think a pipe has split rather than come off so I think it was a small leak. I've posted on fb in more detail cause I needed immediate help Joe, have a look on there.
Posted By: Countrycruising

Re: Check your oil cooler pipes! - 11/01/2016 11:37

I'm not a member on all the Fb groups so haven't seen an update this morning.

Looking at the position of the oil everywhere it might be the cooler, but we're guessing until it's been inspected properly.
Posted By: Serg1

Re: Check your oil cooler pipes! - 11/01/2016 11:47

Same thing happened to me while driving at 50 when the horrid smell of burning oil entered the cabin. Followed by smoke coming from everywhere it could come from. Opened bonnet and discovered burning oil everywhere. Very lucky engine was fine.

Following day checked my other coupe and noticed those pipes could of gone at any time.

Maybe this is a warning to everyone to check their pipes.

Re: Check your oil cooler pipes! - 11/01/2016 12:29

Yep I agree, get them checked.

I was only yesterday patting myself on the back for spotting a boost hose that was slowly getting eaten by the cooling fans.

Re: Check your oil cooler pipes! - 11/01/2016 12:30

Ahhh yes that's right, I remember the kick off lol. Will post in the other one later

Re: Check your oil cooler pipes! - 11/01/2016 14:32

Happened to my Inky black while driving hard through first and second. Seized engine. Joe at FCSS will be fitting a low mileage replacement very soon.

Yes, check your pipes. It's cheaper than an engine. frown

Re: Check your oil cooler pipes! - 12/01/2016 19:22

When I brought my 20v turbo a couple of years ago I had it for a month, decent service history everything seemed perfect, until I took it to Power Italia to have a full service and to be told the oil cooler and the pipes were missing and this had been blanked off by a piece of copper piping :0)

I had been driving my coupe during the hottest time of July in London's slow moving traffic and back and forth to Norfolk and return to London and that coupe temp never seemed to be over heating nor seeming warmer then usual" and I had a 20v turbo coupe for a few years before that and would have noticed.
Some people will never advise it, but I have to wonder if you really do need a oil cooler in this country on the 20v turbo coupe, unless your doing track days or love to thrash your coupe all the time, then maybe a oil cooler might be useful!!!

Re: Check your oil cooler pipes! - 16/01/2016 09:21

Leighton changed mine last MOT.

Superb job.

Re: Check your oil cooler pipes! - 28/01/2016 13:04

Well my le is on the way to Motormech. Took the transporter guy 2 attempts to get it on the transporter for some reason but got there in the end.

Hopefully an update soon.
Posted By: Theresa

Re: Check your oil cooler pipes! - 29/01/2016 00:59

Good luck, hope it all turns out well smile

Re: Check your oil cooler pipes! - 29/01/2016 16:31

Update on Monday....... Don't know if I can bear the wait over the weekend....... Will have to drink beers!
Posted By: Carlscott

Re: Check your oil cooler pipes! - 29/01/2016 17:55

Good luck, pray to the coupe gods all weekend! smile
Posted By: SimonN

Re: Check your oil cooler pipes! - 29/01/2016 19:59

Hey, I think I saw you car today on the garage ramp/lift thing. I popped into Motormech for one of those bumper bar things(thanks MM) and there was a silver coupe being worked on. From where I was, it looked like they were just dropping the oil cooler out.
Nice looking motor BTW.

Re: Check your oil cooler pipes! - 29/01/2016 20:57

Yep sounds like my coupe and thanks for the update and compliment smile

Re: Check your oil cooler pipes! - 01/02/2016 16:28

So I can uncross my fingers and toes as early indicators point to my le surviving it's sudden loss in oil.

Happy coupe owner smile
Posted By: magooagain

Re: Check your oil cooler pipes! - 01/02/2016 17:19

Good news.
Posted By: Jim_Clennell

Re: Check your oil cooler pipes! - 01/02/2016 18:05

Result! Hope it's an inexpensive fix.
Posted By: Theresa

Re: Check your oil cooler pipes! - 02/02/2016 00:43

Excellent news cool
Posted By: lost55

Re: Check your oil cooler pipes! - 02/02/2016 08:15

Great start to the week! Suggest you buy a lottery ticket as well smile

Re: Check your oil cooler pipes! - 02/02/2016 10:08

Cheers guys.

Haha... Yes I will need a lottery win lol,to cover the cost, having a whole load of other work done while it's there.
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK