Fiat Coupe Club UK

Old scrappage scheme.

Posted By: PeteP

Old scrappage scheme. - 23/03/2016 17:31

Phil Ward, editor of Auto Italia has just emailed me a document listing all 392227 cars destroyed under the scrappage scheme.

142 of which were Fiat Coupes.

Code:
FIAT	COUPE	67
FIAT	COUPE 16V	11
FIAT	COUPE 16V 2DR	1
FIAT	COUPE 16V LE TURBO	1
FIAT	COUPE 16V TURBO	5
FIAT	COUPE 20V	24
FIAT	COUPE 20V 2DR	1
FIAT	COUPE 20V TURBO	30
FIAT	COUPE 20V TURBO LE	1
FIAT	COUPE TURBO	1        
Posted By: magooagain

Re: Old scrappage scheme. - 23/03/2016 17:56

Not as many as I thought. But shame though.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Old scrappage scheme. - 23/03/2016 18:41

How much do you get now for scrapping a car?

Re: Old scrappage scheme. - 23/03/2016 19:28

There is a certain red Coupe that the current owner bought unknowingly, that this was a car that had been traded in via the scrappage scheme.
This car then won an award at one of the shows last year.

Don't think he did join the forum.
Posted By: PeteP

Re: Old scrappage scheme. - 23/03/2016 21:08

If it's the one I'm thinking of, he hasn't joined the forum.

Didn't know it was an ex scrappage car. Putting them back on the road wasn't supposed to happen, but I do know of a Midget which got through: I was offered it myself.

Re: Old scrappage scheme. - 23/03/2016 21:37

Yes, it will be Pete. I had a chat with him and told me about it. Apparently it was sorted so no problems.

Just crazey though! The two extremes. A car that was going to be crushed for whatever the reasoning, can and did without any work, or very little win an award!
Posted By: Kelv27

Re: Old scrappage scheme. - 24/03/2016 05:16

How does a car that was through the scrappage scheme get back on the road?

Sparkyman and myself bought a coupe through the scheme the last time with the intention of breaking it for parts. The car only did 30-40 thousand miles and was one of the cleanest examples i've ever seen! The condition of the car far superseded any of the well-loved road going ones laugh

Just a real shame that examples like these went into the scheme, never to be brought back on the road (legally?) cry

Re: Old scrappage scheme. - 25/03/2016 23:36

Originally Posted By: PeteP
If it's the one I'm thinking of, he hasn't joined the forum.

Didn't know it was an ex scrappage car. Putting them back on the road wasn't supposed to happen

Hmmmmm! coat
Posted By: barnacle

Re: Old scrappage scheme. - 26/03/2016 08:05

One wonders how many cars were not actually put through the scrappage system: if a car came in worth - unknown to the owner - somewhat more than the two grand, a dealer might 'scrap' it for two grand without logging it as such, and then resell for a profit.

Re: Old scrappage scheme. - 26/03/2016 09:54

Originally Posted By: barnacle
One wonders how many cars were not actually put through the scrappage system: if a car came in worth - unknown to the owner - somewhat more than the two grand, a dealer might 'scrap' it for two grand without logging it as such, and then resell for a profit.

These are dealers trying to sell new cars though. I doubt they would want the hassle of trying to sell an old fiat laugh
I'm not sure what the exact mechanism of the scheme is.. But I believe that the dealer would also need to log in the scrap in order to be rebated back the 2 grand discount on the new car that they just sold?

Re: Old scrappage scheme. - 26/03/2016 10:33

One wonders how many cars were not actually put through the scrappage system

There was an article on BBC news site in the last week or two about car lots full of cars from the scrappage scheme that hadn't been scrapped but couldn't be released for sale. I can't find it now though.
Posted By: Jim_Clennell

Re: Old scrappage scheme. - 26/03/2016 10:39

Originally Posted By: GrahamL
One wonders how many cars were not actually put through the scrappage system

There was an article on BBC news site in the last week or two about car lots full of cars from the scrappage scheme that hadn't been scrapped but couldn't be released for sale. I can't find it now though.

I saw that - and signed the related petition. However, according to Cappo (a friend of his knows the facility in question), it's old news and the associated pics were taken a couple of years ago. It seems that the cars are now gone.
Posted By: Submariner

Re: Old scrappage scheme. - 26/03/2016 13:21

Originally Posted By: Kelv27

These are dealers trying to sell new cars though. I doubt they would want the hassle of trying to sell an old fiat laugh
I'm not sure what the exact mechanism of the scheme is.. But I believe that the dealer would also need to log in the scrap in order to be rebated back the 2 grand discount on the new car that they just sold?

Outed through car auctions, most part-ex's and such are put through auctions by main dealers when over 3 years old etc.

Re: Old scrappage scheme. - 30/03/2016 04:54

Originally Posted By: Submariner

Outed through car auctions, most part-ex's and such are put through auctions by main dealers when over 3 years old etc.

Yeah through auctions which they don't really make money from. They just want rid of the car..thats why it goes out through auctions.
Posted By: Sedicivalvole

Re: Old scrappage scheme. - 26/04/2016 15:01

Interesting info, thanks to Phil and Pete for posting
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK