Fiat Coupe Club UK

Facebook

Posted By: Barmybob

Facebook - 14/04/2016 21:27

For those of you that use Facebook you may be pleased to see that the FIat Coupé Club UK official Facebook page is now LIVE.
Posted By: Gripped

Re: Facebook - 14/04/2016 21:33

Finally, a valid reason for me to go on FB without involving the self loathing.

crazy
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Facebook - 14/04/2016 22:35

Good to see thumb

Re: Facebook - 14/04/2016 22:45

Originally Posted By: Gripped

crazy

Agreed rofl rofl rofl
Posted By: JKD

Re: Facebook - 14/04/2016 23:51

Originally Posted By: Gripped

crazy

rofl

Funniest. Forum. Comment. Ever.
Posted By: MarioCirillo

Re: Facebook - 15/04/2016 01:15

laugh laugh

Re: Facebook - 15/04/2016 04:27

Liked in true FB style
Posted By: H_R

Re: Facebook - 15/04/2016 07:50

Wow that was a surprise and just as i have virtually removed facebook from my Life!

laugh

Re: Facebook - 15/04/2016 08:48

I don't see the problem with FB. You can choose who your friends are and what you see. No problem with that for me smile It's also great to keep in touch when abroad and all you know in the UK are 6000 miles away! Double thumbs up from me!
Posted By: Makkadiamond

Re: Facebook - 15/04/2016 09:57

Bloody hell ... About time 👍
Posted By: H_R

Re: Facebook - 15/04/2016 10:11

The only reason I still have Facebook is my friends and family are spread all over the world and its good to see how they and their families are doing!
It's Just when you get all the other shit that spoils it! I'm really not interested in seeing a picture of what somebody has cooked or eaten! Unless it's a close friend or families children of course!

I need to cull but just easier to ignore it!

Re: Facebook - 15/04/2016 11:40

About time ..but it will e an uphill struggle the Fiat Coupe owners group seems to be a thriving site ..i like facebook for the stated reasons but you do have to be choosy..I a have a few friends an a few private groups that I stick to
Posted By: dante giacosa

Re: Facebook - 15/04/2016 14:14

Oooohhh!!!!

(Spooky voice)

Be-ware.....!!!!

(Rattling of chains, etc)

It could be the end of the forum.......

(Thunderclap/ lightening strike)
Posted By: Edinburgh

Re: Facebook - 15/04/2016 16:12

Originally Posted By: dante giacosa
Oooohhh!!!!

(Spooky voice)

Be-ware.....!!!!

I'm inclined to agree with this frown

Re: Facebook - 15/04/2016 18:44

It'll be a lot easier to put photos on that's for sure.

Re: Facebook - 15/04/2016 19:04

Facebook, destroying lives since 2004.
Posted By: Clintos

Re: Facebook - 15/04/2016 20:55

Originally Posted By: Edinburgh
Oooohhh!!!!

(Spooky voice)

Be-ware.....!!!!

Agree totally ^^^^^^^^^^

Posted By: jimbob13

Re: Facebook - 15/04/2016 21:40

Originally Posted By: Edinburgh
Oooohhh!!!!

(Spooky voice)

Be-ware.....!!!!

Why? I'm a moderator on a motorcycle forum and the associated Facebook page has actually increased traffic to the forum. Mainly due to people asking advice and being directed to the how to guides on the forum (which prior to then they never knew existed).

The great joy of Facebook for me is that in this context there are less keyboard warriors actively trying to rile the admin. This may be due to the decreased anonymity. They can come on a forum and be twonks under a pseudonym, but on Facebook they tend to use their own names and behave a little more like adults.

I'm no Facebook fanboy, but like all tools it can be a great help (if used correctly). I'm comparatively new to the platform, but I honestly can't understand why so many people bemoan it, after all, you choose what you want to see/reply to. Much like a forum.

Re: Facebook - 15/04/2016 22:41

I did Facebook from 2005 to 2010, in that time in went much the way of eBay. An innocent tool to a place of money making. For Facebook it was generally a look at me type load of shite.

I hope it improves the forum rather than directs barryboys - 2.0 litre turbo, 20v innit Bro, you get me.

Re: Facebook - 15/04/2016 23:01

Originally Posted By: jimbob13
Mainly due to people asking advice and being directed to the how to guides on the forum (which prior to then they never knew existed).

The great joy of Facebook for me is that in this context there are less keyboard warriors actively trying to rile the admin. This may be due to the decreased anonymity. They can come on a forum and be twonks under a pseudonym, but on Facebook they tend to use their own names and behave a little more like adults.

I'm no Facebook fanboy, but like all tools it can be a great help (if used correctly). I'm comparatively new to the platform, but I honestly can't understand why so many people bemoan it, after all, you choose what you want to see/reply to. Much like a forum.

Finally someone who can see the flip side...

Too many people seem to think that this forum is the barometer of coupé ownership. The decline of chatter on this forum is cited as being reflective of the decline in owners. Sorry to break it to you guys but it isn't. People are still out there and they are still chatting, they are just choosing to do it on different platforms.

Most people have changed the way they interact with the net and a good many of them now do the majority of their interaction via social networks. These networks are perfect for chatter and rapid interaction. Let's say we arrange a convoy to a meet, but at the last minute someone needs to make a change of location. Via the forum it requires everyone to log in and to check that post. On Facebook one could make the change to the meeting post and ALL those subscribed to it would instantly receive a notification.

Sharing of Photos is another fast and simple task. You take a picture and you upload it to the club Facebook account = instant. No uploading it to one place, then linking it to another and then having to edit code to create a thumbnail rolleyes

But there are also examples of where the forum kicks the backside out of social media too. Searchable databases of content for example.

I firmly believe that the club has to move into the social media world, ideally several years ago rolleyes I know there are people here refusing to take social media accounts and that, quite rightly, is their choice. But you can't ignore that it is there, to do so is to resign this community to the dark ages. I guess there were also people suggesting that this internet thing could never replace the club Magazine, or that downloads would replace CD's.

And finally - Yes the club (Membership) pays for and runs the forum. But the forum alone is not what the club was ever supposed to be about. It is just one element of the club, a tool. Basically it is just an interactive club magazine and database, Facebook should be seen as an enhancement to this service not a competitor and definitely not THE CLUB.
Posted By: MarioCirillo

Re: Facebook - 16/04/2016 00:04

Great post Bob
Posted By: french_coupe

Re: Facebook - 16/04/2016 08:36

Well put Bob,

I don't want a Facebook account and probably never will, but I have bookmarked the above link as I do want to read the posts on there and see the pictures posted.
This just gives me two web sites to look at every day instead of one.

I have used this forum for many years and will do for many more. The assistance from the forum and information gained is invaluable. I don't think that the interest will disappear for a long time to come.

Frazer
Posted By: PeteP

Re: Facebook - 16/04/2016 09:05

Originally Posted By: french_coupe

I don't want a Facebook account and probably never will, but I have bookmarked the above link as I do want to read the posts on there and see the pictures posted.

Likwise, I don't want a Facebook account, I have seen too much trouble caused by idiots using it.

My question is how can you read the posts and see the pictures without signing up to Mr Zuckerberg's money making machine?
Posted By: Jim_Clennell

Re: Facebook - 16/04/2016 09:37

Facebook is a good servant but a bad master. I really enjoy the opportunity it gives me to keep up with family and friends all over the UK and the world - especially my daughters. Anything I don't like, I don't look at; I don't have thousands of "friends" and I don't belong to lots of groups and pages.

I think having a club FaceBook page is a great idea; not everyone will agree, but since when have they ever?
Posted By: kev_megadon

Re: Facebook - 16/04/2016 10:41

Excellent. I left the "fiat coupe owners group" page months ago as one particular poster on there annoyed the hell out of me and just clogged it all up with an insane number of posts a day. Will be good to get some coupe love back into my facebook feed again.

Re: Facebook - 16/04/2016 11:37

Originally Posted By: kev_megadon
Excellent. I left the "fiat coupe owners group" page months ago as one particular poster on there annoyed the hell out of me and just clogged it all up with an insane number of posts a day. Will be good to get some coupe love back into my facebook feed again.

I know what you mean. On both counts.... Hahaha!

Re: Facebook - 16/04/2016 11:39

On Facebook you have many options to control the rubbish.

Firstly you can set your contacts as Close Friends, friends, acquaintances and even put them in groups, Coupé for example. So you can monitor what and who you see that way. This is also handy when you post as you can target your status updates to exclude - include folks.

Secondly you can make settings for each individual regarding what content of theirs you see. Rather handy if you have say a family member in a CLOSE Friends group but you are sick of seeing their inane daily babble.

Finally you can BLOCK people. If there is someone you really dislike you can switch them off. You won't see them and they won't see you. This can make some posts seem odd when they make a comment but it's a small price to pay.

Re: Facebook - 16/04/2016 18:52

Indeed!
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK