Fiat Coupe Club UK

VIS with aircon

Posted By: Makkadiamond

VIS with aircon - 22/05/2016 15:57

Will the turbo Valeo radiator fit a VIS See Link
Posted By: Wal_S

Re: VIS with aircon - 22/05/2016 19:14

No, you'll need a specific VIS rad unfortunately with the only source being NRF ( part no 58123).

To compound your misery you'll need to get (and fit) an M22 blanking plug and make a smaller blank for the top "extra" outlet that rad has. Pretty straightforward job though once you've got the bits.

You can get one from EBay for circa £60, Valeo last made them 2009 and when I spoke to a rad recon place they didn't think they could get the core to rebuild my Valeo one.

Good luck
Posted By: Gripped

Re: VIS with aircon - 22/05/2016 20:43

I got mine from here for the VIS. The top outlet I blanked with a nice bit of tubing. Looks fine.

2 year guarantee also !

I've used them a few times, and all good so far.

http://www.adrad.co.uk/prices/prices.php?id=FT806&model=COUPE&make=FIAT

PS, the rad fit both early NAs and the VIS. So I don't think there is a VIS specific rad as such now.
Posted By: Wal_S

Re: VIS with aircon - 22/05/2016 20:58

Gripped, you are right as should have typed non turbo rather than VIS. Either way a turbo rad isn't the right one for the OP.
Posted By: Makkadiamond

Re: VIS with aircon - 22/05/2016 23:16

thanks guys after a bit a searching I located the product Valeo Part number 731592 ... FIAT part number 71735370.

cross reference link for cross ref

Thanks
Posted By: Gripped

Re: VIS with aircon - 22/05/2016 23:52

Originally Posted By: Wal_S
Gripped, you are right as should have typed non turbo rather than VIS. Either way a turbo rad isn't the right one for the OP.

Yep, the Turbo one is more pricey too if IIRC.

At least there are some benefits of owning an NA laugh
Posted By: dante giacosa

Re: VIS with aircon - 23/05/2016 09:53

More than one benefit-

Original CHOD's are still available too from FIAT!
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK