Fiat Coupe Club UK

Crackle Powder coat.

Posted By: stevo

Crackle Powder coat. - 10/09/2016 14:51

Bumped into a top guy called Gary at the Honnington Italian car show last weekend. He is running a powder coating company and can do crackle powder coating. Luckily I had a spare cam cover in the boot of my car like and self respecting coupe owner does, so gave it to him. 1 week later I collected the result. I am really happy. I wanted it to be correct as I have an LE coupe and have previously brought brand new cam covers in the past only for the crackle red paint to start flaking within a couple of years. Hopefully this will be much more durable yet looks exactly the same. The finish is excellent and I would fully recommend his services. I will post his contact details in a bit once I get home. Oh and he also owns a fiat coupe to boot!

click to enlarge
Posted By: coupedummy

Re: Crackle Powder coat. - 10/09/2016 14:59

Looks great., any ideas of cost?
Posted By: stevo

Re: Crackle Powder coat. - 10/09/2016 18:01

Yep it's £95. G13 Powder coating. Gary Holman 07952594216
Posted By: t0m0

Re: Crackle Powder coat. - 11/09/2016 00:21

Not being a downer but it looks like he has done inside the oil filler cap. The coating can flake off and clog the engine. how much of the underside is done?

There is a chap called Neil who posts on here and ebay regularly and he is very careful to avoid ad coating on any bits that might contaminate anything.

On FCSS FB page there is a post about powder coating done wrong and clogging the internal bits.
Posted By: MarioCirillo

Re: Crackle Powder coat. - 11/09/2016 01:59

A fair few cars on here had engines totalled as a result of powder coating inside the rocker cover. Fingers crossed its just the top side

Looks great though!
Posted By: H_R

Re: Crackle Powder coat. - 11/09/2016 07:47

Originally Posted By: t0m0

There is a chap called Neil who posts on here and ebay regularly and he is very careful to avoid ad coating on any bits that might contaminate anything.

Hi is he Nmag on ebay? I been following him for ages waiting for a rocker cover to pop up but it seems like he has gone into hibernation or something? laugh
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK