Fiat Coupe Club UK

VIS exhaust..?

Posted By: skulkin

VIS exhaust..? - 11/09/2016 10:04

Hi all

Can anyone tell me if a 20V non turbo exhaust will fit a VIS?

Also, is it just the manifold bolts actually attaching it to the car apart from it being hung below the car?

Cheers

skulkin
Posted By: Countrycruising

Re: VIS exhaust..? - 11/09/2016 12:14

The N/A exhaust is the same on both the early and late models so interchangeable.

The manifold is bolted to the head with an anchor bracket from the collector to the front of the block by the balance shaft casting, the bracket is retained by one of the two downpipe flange bolts, from there a bracket by the cat flange onto the rear gearbox arm that mounts to the subframe, then the cat and cat back exhaust system to the rear.
Posted By: dante giacosa

Re: VIS exhaust..? - 12/09/2016 14:34

Hmm...

That's worth knowing...
Posted By: AnnieMac

Re: VIS exhaust..? - 13/09/2016 03:49

This is interesting. My vis exhaust is blowing slightly. But good to know the exhaust from my old non-vis which I still have, on SORN, would fit it.

Re: VIS exhaust..? - 13/09/2016 10:10

To be honest, I never really worry about exhausts, you know

It is one of the few parts or consumeables that you can actually have fabricated
Posted By: Makkadiamond

Re: VIS exhaust..? - 13/09/2016 11:18

Will the 20v turbo rear exhaust section fit a N/A

Re: VIS exhaust..? - 13/09/2016 11:23

Originally Posted By: Makkadiamond
Will the 20v turbo rear exhaust section fit a N/A

Yes the Turbo cat back system will fit the early/late n/a models, it is larger in diameter however so they're louder system in comparison giving a deeper resonance.

Re: VIS exhaust..? - 13/09/2016 14:09

As a general question then-

Further to this knowledge

Would it be correct to say that correct back pressure, is established pre-cat..?

Re: VIS exhaust..? - 13/09/2016 14:27

Yes pre-cat, so a de-cat on an n/a truly upsets the torque curve and power delivery at low revs, much like fitting a cone filter instead of the correct intake pipe and resonators.
Posted By: Makkadiamond

Re: VIS exhaust..? - 13/09/2016 16:18

Thank you

Re: VIS exhaust..? - 15/09/2016 11:24

I now understand the resonators...

Thankyou...

Re: VIS exhaust..? - 18/09/2016 12:19

Many thanks CC and all others

Great stuff [as usual]

skulkin
Posted By: AnnieMac

Re: VIS exhaust..? - 21/09/2016 11:24

When I went to Kwik Fit for a tyre (I know, stupid but they are nearest to us) they said I needed a new exhaust and I said, well, it can't be too bad because it just passed the MOT. The place was deserted. Guess they need the business. But it was a bit bad to insist the only tyre they could find in the right size was the most expensive.

Re: VIS exhaust..? - 27/12/2018 15:38

Hi

So the exhaust advise worked, thanks again, but can anyone now recommend a cat for the VIS?

Even though the zorst is interchangeable is there a cat more specifically for the VIS or is it the same as the n/a?

Any of THESE any good?

Cheers

skulkin
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK