Fiat Coupe Club UK

I'm back.... again.... for round 3!

Posted By: Jay1984

I'm back.... again.... for round 3! - 14/12/2016 18:32

Hi All,

Okay, this is a little late in coming cos I actually rejoined the Coupe Forum in August after buying my 3rd coupe!

I bought my 1st one back in 2011 (I think). The big end bearings went after 9 months. Made all my mistakes with this one - didn't check oil level frequently enough, etc!
2nd Coupe was bought in 2013 and was a cracking car. Mint condition and a few tasteful upgrades. Had to sell a couple months later as I started dating a girl from Aberdeen and frequent visits meant I needed a diesel.

Now, it's 2016. That Aberdeen gal is now the Ball n Chain. But she never forgot the sacrifice I made a few years ago. I therefore had her blessing to buy this little guy....

click to enlarge

click to enlarge

click to enlarge

click to enlarge

So, a little about the car. I bought it from a lovely chap in Stonehaven. He had done lots of work on the car including an engine overhaul, belts, pumps, etc.

This is the oil pressure AFTER driving it from Aberdeen to Dundee...

click to enlarge

I've been all over this car and cant find a spot of rust anywhere, all looks very good. Only 76k on the clock.

I bought this car as a "weekend toy" and I have some plans to try and make the car a little more to my taste. I've already got a GTEC chip installed (Cheers GrahamL) and removed the rear spoiler -

click to enlarge

I've got Plus Dials / Clock to go in along with chrome rings. The wheels will be getting swapped for some silver equivalents or re-sprayed back to silver. Will be getting some LE skirts on it and also a Baileys Dump Valve. After all that, it's going to the bodyshop (either for full respray or a deep polish - it's just not as shiny as I think it should be!)

Only known issue is the usual small oil leak. I haven't had time to fully investigate this yet but I imagine it's either Oil Cooler Pipes or Oil Filter needs tightened. It's going to be off the road until probably March / April 2017 so we'll see how far down the list I get before bringing it back out!

Anyway, good to be back!
Posted By: magooagain

Re: I'm back.... again.... for round 3! - 14/12/2016 20:10

Nice car.good luck with it.
Posted By: Edinburgh

Re: I'm back.... again.... for round 3! - 14/12/2016 21:11

"Ball and Chain" lol

Lovely example, sounds like you're going to make sure 3rd time round cool

(the coupe I mean laugh )

Soooo glad you got rid of the rear spoiler!

Are you based up here?
Posted By: jarofjam

Re: I'm back.... again.... for round 3! - 14/12/2016 22:05

welcome back.
Posted By: Theresa

Re: I'm back.... again.... for round 3! - 15/12/2016 00:11

Welcome back cool
Posted By: Gunzi

Re: I'm back.... again.... for round 3! - 15/12/2016 08:11

Congrats on the new purchase and welcome back!
Posted By: Jay1984

Re: I'm back.... again.... for round 3! - 15/12/2016 09:02

Thanks all!

Yes Edinburgh, I'm just outside Falkirk so not far away! I ended up replacing the tailgate with a 2nd hand red one. Seemed easier than removing the spoiler, filling the holes, and re-spraying.

So if anyone want's to "spoil" the look of their coupe, I have a red tailgate with spoiler attached just for you!
Posted By: Edinburgh

Re: I'm back.... again.... for round 3! - 15/12/2016 09:28

Yep I thought I recognised the handle.....seem to remember you were "up the hill" in former times. Did you use JM Motors in Middlefield ever?

Apart from the fetching two-tone combo round the back I think the red/black theme works really well and I like the way it's been thought through under the bonnet.

Look forward to seeing this in the flesh at some stage when we get some meets organised next year driving
Posted By: mayzon

Re: I'm back.... again.... for round 3! - 15/12/2016 13:42

Happy days, welcome back!
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK