Fiat Coupe Club UK

Washed my car wish I hadn't.

Posted By: stevo

Washed my car wish I hadn't. - 23/01/2017 16:20

So just washed the car and a couple of things have cloud9 me off to the point where I wish I hadn't bothered.

1st) had the two front tyres replaced last weekend and a puncture repaired on a 3rd, the tyre place has scuffed a couple of the alloy spokes on every wheel they touched.

2nd) paint blisters on roof and top of the bonnet now, must have been from frost.

Completely lost the love with it now.
Posted By: Dan

Re: Washed my car wish I hadn't. - 23/01/2017 17:13

Tyre places wind me up - they've caused so much damage to both my Coupe and my Alfa GT. Crushed the sills on my Alfa and jacked through the floor on the coupe. Feel your pain.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Washed my car wish I hadn't. - 23/01/2017 17:58

well, if bloody car manufacturers painted jacking points in florescent yellow paint, they wouldn't have this problem. Trying to find safe jacking points on a coupe.....well ! comments on here include "its a foot back from the arch "and "its right by the arch " [ really helpful ...not ]. There are no pics on here i could find showing clearly where the jack should be placed or axle stands for that matter. shout
Posted By: Zam

Re: Washed my car wish I hadn't. - 23/01/2017 18:28

Originally Posted By: Dan

Tyre places wind me up - they've caused so much damage to both my Coupe and my Alfa GT. Crushed the sills on my Alfa and jacked through the floor on the coupe. Feel your pain.

Did exactly the same to my Alfa GT. O/S/F sill squished. I managed to get the worst out with a slide hammer and stud welder

Maybe it is a good insurance policy to take photos if you have to visit these tyre places......wheels, sills etc - so if there is any damage post-visit you can claim for the damage?
Posted By: Spoonz

Re: Washed my car wish I hadn't. - 23/01/2017 18:48

its an absolute pain when you have to get your tyres replaced, they launch them on the machine with no care, this is why I watch them do it, thankfully my local garage is friendly enough to let me in the garage, but ive been to another and all 4 had marks around the edges frown
Posted By: Nigel

Re: Washed my car wish I hadn't. - 23/01/2017 20:26

Originally Posted By: Dan
Crushed the sills on my Alfa ...

Originally Posted By: Zam
Did exactly the same to my Alfa GT.

The local Kwik-Fit have crushed the sills on my GT as well - seems we have a pattern here....
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK