Fiat Coupe Club UK

Door Mirrors

Posted By: Richie007

Door Mirrors - 24/01/2017 17:21

Bit of advise before I purchase a New Mirror. I've seen on eBay Partsworld are selling a brand new Nearside Mirror. States in the description it's for non Aircon model, why is that what's the difference?

If there is a difference is there a way of stripping it apart as I only want it for the black plastic trim as mine are all faded and I want to replace all exterior trim with New.

Thanks for any help!
Posted By: Edinburgh

Re: Door Mirrors - 24/01/2017 17:36

Seems a shame to butcher a complete mirror just for that, have you tried Nigel at Motormech or Joe at FCSS?

I'll have a dig around shortly, might even have the odd mirror part lying around.

Re: Door Mirrors - 24/01/2017 19:36

I'm going to compare the cost of the door handle, new pillars and mirrors with the cost of professionally respraying the pillars etc in matt black. Mine are all faded, if I get used replacements there prob not going to be much better than what I already have, hence why I was thinking new parts
Posted By: PeteP

Re: Door Mirrors - 24/01/2017 20:01

Originally Posted By: Richie007
Bit of advise before I purchase a New Mirror. I've seen on eBay Partsworld are selling a brand new Nearside Mirror. States in the description it's for non Aircon model, why is that what's the difference?

Aircon mirrors have an external temperature sensor in them, so extra wires in the loom and a small dome on the underside where the sensor is.
Posted By: Downhillryder

Re: Door Mirrors - 24/01/2017 20:01

I think the aircon mirror has a temp sensor in it.
Posted By: ioksotot

Re: Door Mirrors - 24/01/2017 20:58

Aircon sensor is only on the offside (drivers side) mirror though? Nearside (passenger side) doesn't have one, it's just a plain mirror.

Re: Door Mirrors - 24/01/2017 21:40

Partsworld are stating the nearside mirror which they are selling is for a non aircon model. Right hand drive which implies that it's the nearside mirror with this dome. I'll have to have a look at my mirror to see if it has a dome underneath but I've never noticed before. Do all models with aircon have this sensor in the mirror what ever age of manufacture

Re: Door Mirrors - 24/01/2017 21:43

I've had a look, I've got no dome under my mirror, does anyone have an image?
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Door Mirrors - 24/01/2017 22:11

Originally Posted By: ioksotot
Aircon sensor is only on the offside (drivers side) mirror though? Nearside (passenger side) doesn't have one, it's just a plain mirror.

Yes, sensor is in offside mirror only in a UK coupe, small dimple on lower side about 1cm from where it connects to the car.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Door Mirrors - 25/01/2017 09:56

Yep, offside mirror has the temperature sensor, a Non aircon car has it as well, uses it for auto temperature control. How do I know, we fitted a mirror with no temp sensor on Rosa, my temperature control didn't work. We fitted a sensor to the wiring in the mirror, all works now.

Here's a thought, powder coat the black bits, looks awesome.

John
Posted By: Henklia

Re: Door Mirrors - 25/01/2017 13:38

I spray painted them in glossy black. Looks good. Easy job but requires good masking and nice weather if you do it outside. Well worth the effort and does not break the bank.
Henk
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK