Fiat Coupe Club UK

Coupe might have to go! Gutted!

Posted By: AnnieMac

Coupe might have to go! Gutted! - 24/05/2017 20:25

I'm so sad to post this but I may have to sell my Coupe to help to pay the fees for my son's course. It's a private course in play-writing run by one of his former University tutors, who has lots of contacts in theatreland, and it's just an opportunity Callum cannot afford to miss. My Mum can find half the fees and the only way I can find the rest is to let go of the Coupe. I keep telling myself it's only a car and one day when Callum is rich he can buy me a Coupe.
Posted By: came2dance

Re: Coupe might have to go! Gutted! - 24/05/2017 20:54

Annie without knowing your circumstances, your sons ambitions or capabilities I would think long and hard about this kind of thing.
It's a private course run by a university lecturer. So its outside the university curriculum. Is it a recongnised course? Does it lead to a recongnised and respected qualification or is it just a bit of experience, a "how to" if you like. Knowing lots of contacts sounds good but when you call on those kind of contacts that's often when you find out who your friends are! I know some creatives in the Liverpool scene and it's hard work. A friend of mine makes a living from writing play, tutoring, visiting colleges etc. and has had a few plays performed to good acclaim locally. (personally I think he's brilliant) but it's not a career you can walk into easily.
I wish you well and best of luck with everything I didn't want to put a downer on anything but just thought I'd chip in smile
Posted By: Theresa

Re: Coupe might have to go! Gutted! - 24/05/2017 22:35

Sorry to read your Coupe might have to go frown

I hope you can find another way of paying the fees though as you'll regret getting rid of the Coupe frown

Re: Coupe might have to go! Gutted! - 25/05/2017 10:58

Thank you for replying everyone. I may have panicked too soon. We have worked things out properly and we might be able to manage it without selling the Coupe. When something like this crops up it's always my first thought that the Coupe's the only thing I have to sell. But I actually have other things, like autographs, which could go first. Callum has some money left from his Uni grant, my Mum can provide a big chunk, and the rest can probably be raised from just saving up until September. As regards whether it's the right thing for Callum to do, and whether he has the talent, words like "genius" have been used by tutors and fellow students. He has been writing and performing plays since he was five or six. Sorry if this wasn't an appropriate thing to discuss on here, but you are the only people who would understand, because to everyone else I know it's just a car, an expendable luxury which I should be able to let go of!
Thank you for being so supportive. xxx

Re: Coupe might have to go! Gutted! - 25/05/2017 11:01

P.S. I might have to forget about the track driving idea for this year though!

Re: Coupe might have to go! Gutted! - 25/05/2017 11:03

It's a private course with no qualification involved but the guy running it is a theatre director and playwright with an Olivier award.

Re: Coupe might have to go! Gutted! - 25/05/2017 11:05

Good one Annie. The forum is a great place for issues like this. There's not been as many of them lately but we have had everything on here from financial to marriage problems! Not as many post like that nowadays by the look of it but you go ahead. If there's anything you want to get off your chest this is a good place smile Best of luck to your lad, glad you got sorted smile
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Coupe might have to go! Gutted! - 09/06/2017 16:24

I can only tell you how very much I regret letting mine go my heart is breaking and the search has started for the next one.PS I'm 56 is this to old for a yellow coupe always fancied one but always gone for silver or ink lol
Posted By: jimboy

Re: Coupe might have to go! Gutted! - 09/06/2017 16:37

Originally Posted By sjay
I can only tell you how very much I regret letting mine go my heart is breaking and the search has started for the next one.PS I'm 56 is this to old for a yellow coupe always fancied one but always gone for silver or ink lol

Nah! not at all sjay, I'm in my 60's & my sprint blu Coop is at JCC undergoing a restoration.....It's only numbers right?.. laugh
Posted By: Cooperman

Re: Coupe might have to go! Gutted! - 09/06/2017 16:42

Never too old for a Coupe, 58 and counting smile
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Coupe might have to go! Gutted! - 09/06/2017 16:54

Jim boy you're bang on as are you Cooperman its not the coupe thing its a colour thing I'm thinking custard more and more

Re: Coupe might have to go! Gutted! - 09/06/2017 19:13

I'm 62. Last thing I'd have would be a silver car!

Re: Coupe might have to go! Gutted! - 09/06/2017 19:49

Sjay I am 58 and I would not think twice about owning a yellow Coupe if I could! It's my second favourite colour after speed red.

Re: Coupe might have to go! Gutted! - 09/06/2017 19:51

Why did I think you were all young guys? I thought I was probably the oldest person on here!

Re: Coupe might have to go! Gutted! - 09/06/2017 20:17

Originally Posted By AnnieMac
Why did I think you were all young guys? I thought I was probably the oldest person on here!

It's a women/female/girl thing Annie, what ever term you are comfortable with. Uz bozy never grow up..... hippy
Posted By: Edinburgh

Re: Coupe might have to go! Gutted! - 09/06/2017 21:16

Originally Posted By AnnieMac

Possibly bowtie

Except of course Barnacle who's actually a fossil tongue
Posted By: barnacle

Re: Coupe might have to go! Gutted! - 10/06/2017 05:28

You're all old farts! I'm the youngest one here, a mere stripling of 57 tongue
Posted By: bravslad

Re: Coupe might have to go! Gutted! - 10/06/2017 07:54

Yep 64,old fart indeed,a number thats all.
Love my coupe.
Posted By: Edinburgh

Re: Coupe might have to go! Gutted! - 10/06/2017 10:18

Originally Posted By bravslad
Yep 64,old fart indeed,a number thats all.
Love my coupe.

You're still short.....
Posted By: Possum

Re: Coupe might have to go! Gutted! - 10/06/2017 23:18

Well, I'll be 66 in a few months, but it is attitude and outlook that counts. I'm still active with my car club and still ocean yacht racing.

Some people are old at 40. My aim is to die young, as late in life as possible.

Re: Coupe might have to go! Gutted! - 11/06/2017 06:28

Some people are old at 40. My aim is to die young, as late in life as possible. [/quote]

I like your attitude Possum thumb I know what you mean when you say some are old before their time. One of my brother in laws married in his 30's some years ago & as soon as family came along, he suddenly became this old man. They all live in a secluded cottage in their own wee world, growing old far too early.

Re: Coupe might have to go! Gutted! - 11/06/2017 10:27

I like to be young in my outlook too. I often get funny looks for the way I dress, in combats, T-shirts, and baseball boots, but I always was a Tomboy and if I wish to wear the attire of a teenage boy, I bloodywell will! I think I last wore a skirt in 1997, when my sister got married.
Posted By: dante giacosa

Re: Coupe might have to go! Gutted! - 14/06/2017 11:03

I haven't worn a skirt for years now myself, either

and I'm 44...

Re: Coupe might have to go! Gutted! - 25/06/2017 01:11

Ha ha ha ha ha Dante. Not even a kilt?
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK