Fiat Coupe Club UK

Nice article about a Coop owner in Singapore

Posted By: JKD

Nice article about a Coop owner in Singapore - 18/07/2017 11:58

http://www.straitstimes.com/lifestyle/motoring/an-italian-love-affair
Posted By: came2dance

Re: Nice article about a Coop owner in Singapore - 18/07/2017 12:25

Very nice motor that. What colour is it?
Posted By: PeteP

Re: Nice article about a Coop owner in Singapore - 18/07/2017 17:31

That'll be Blitz Blue Chris.
Posted By: Blueboyracer

Re: Nice article about a Coop owner in Singapore - 18/07/2017 17:49

Originally Posted By PeteP
That'll be Blitz Blue Chris.

Wish mine was that bright, note to self ... wax on ... wax off ... lol
Posted By: Gripped

Re: Nice article about a Coop owner in Singapore - 18/07/2017 19:45

Nice looking car.

Costs $50,000 Singapore dollars to renew it's "Certificate of Entitlement" which is about £36k !! shocked

Need to be rich to run an old car over there.
Posted By: came2dance

Re: Nice article about a Coop owner in Singapore - 18/07/2017 21:17

Originally Posted By Gripped
Nice looking car.

Costs $50,000 Singapore dollars to renew it's "Certificate of Entitlement" which is about £36k !! shocked

Need to be rich to run an old car over there.

shocked Holy moly! I read the article and thought that certificate must be £50 gbp or something! 36k! amazing.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Nice article about a Coop owner in Singapore - 19/07/2017 09:03

There’s a big Coupé following in Singapore, apparently. They‘re seen as an incredibly prestigious classic over there, because of the rarity on top of how expensive it already is to run anything older.

A petrolhead friend of mine spends quite a bit of time over there (his boyfriend’s Malaysian) and he happened across a car park meet up of 20-odd Coupé owners – he said every one of them was like a pristine show car.
Posted By: Kelv27

Re: Nice article about a Coop owner in Singapore - 20/07/2017 07:27

Originally Posted By poprock
There’s a big Coupé following in Singapore, apparently. They‘re seen as an incredibly prestigious classic over there, because of the rarity on top of how expensive it already is to run anything older.

Not really..theres only a couple of coupes in Singapore. Most singaporeans don't value it enough to keep it once the COE expires..hence the rarity.

A petrolhead friend of mine spends quite a bit of time over there (his boyfriend’s Malaysian) and he happened across a car park meet up of 20-odd Coupé owners – he said every one of them was like a pristine show car.

About your friend that came across that coupe meet..wouldn't happen to be Paul would it? It was me that arranged that meet and took him there as he said he wanted to see some Italians laugh ..It was in Malaysia by the way.. not Singapore.

Re: Nice article about a Coop owner in Singapore - 20/07/2017 07:44

Ha! Yes, it’s Paul I was thinking of. I really shouldn’t mix up Malaysia and Singapore like that … I’ve a Singaporean colleague sat right behind me!

Oops.

Re: Nice article about a Coop owner in Singapore - 20/07/2017 08:10

Ha! Yes, it’s Paul I was thinking of. I really shouldn’t mix up Malaysia and Singapore like that … I’ve a Singaporean colleague sat right behind me!

Oops.

Haha..no worries. Its a small world after all!

click to enlarge
Paul at the meet

Re: Nice article about a Coop owner in Singapore - 20/07/2017 09:08

The world is always smaller than you think …

Can’t see any of your photos, by the way – Photobucket don’t allow you to display images on forums any more.
Posted By: PeteP

Re: Nice article about a Coop owner in Singapore - 20/07/2017 11:14

The world is always smaller than you think …

Indeed, I once walked to Malasia
Click to reveal...
across the causeway between Woodlands and Johor Bahru.

At the time the ship I was on was doing a regular run between Singapore, Saigon and Bangkok for Shell Tankers.
Posted By: Brilly1uk

Re: Nice article about a Coop owner in Singapore - 23/07/2017 09:02

Good to see that despite the huge barrier of owning an older car in Singapore, there are people out there who think they are worth prizing.
Let's pray environmental protection does not do the same to the rest of us!

Re: Nice article about a Coop owner in Singapore - 24/07/2017 01:11

Can’t see any of your photos, by the way – Photobucket don’t allow you to display images on forums any more.

Grrr photobucket!!

Originally Posted By PeteP
Indeed, I once walked to Malasia

Even i've not done that before! Lol..

Originally Posted By Brilly1uk
Good to see that despite the huge barrier of owning an older car in Singapore, there are people out there who think they are worth prizing.
Let's pray environmental protection does not do the same to the rest of us!

Kelvin Aw is a rare breed indeed. I've met his parents as well who tagged along to one of our meets in Johore. Lovely people and incredibly supportive.
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK