Fiat Coupe Club UK

Adieu, Adieu to yieu and yieu and yieu

Posted By: Anonymous

Adieu, Adieu to yieu and yieu and yieu - 02/09/2017 18:10

So after around 11 or so years of Coupe Ownership my LE finally met its new owner today and headed off North. I'll let the new owner pass on the details but needless to say its a Forumer and pleased its also a fellow enthusiast. I first tested a 16V not long after the launch at Millbrook at a trade event and as an eternal Italian enthusiast it was immediately on my 'must-have' list. Before the LE I had an early 16V NA in Speed Red and the LE followed a short while later - thanks to working with MCMike and dabbling with his collection. My car came from non other than Iceberg himself and near 9 years and some 35k-odd later its never missed a beat. Visited Paul 12 monthly for a service and MoT and I've loved every mile driving it. There is nothing for the money that is as visually and aurally as exciting as a Coupe. Unfortunately there are other vehicles that have more room and with x2 rapidly increasing-in-size Rugby playing lads and Mrs Nello's desire to be able to for-once choose the car she wants necessitated its move to a new owner. I'd like to say thanks to every single Coupe owner and forumer on here and to FCCUK as a whole - this place is the single-most useful/informative and entertaining motoring site on the t'interweb. I'll pop on here every now and then still and will still pester Mike for a go in one of his now and again though there's still a fair few Italian steeds out there I want to put in Nello's stable whenever possible. I'm off now to look for her 500X - though as she never comes on here - between the two of us there's some cracking Brera S's on offer at the mo! laugh cool shocked love Ciao!
Posted By: came2dance

Re: Adieu, Adieu to yieu and yieu and yieu - 02/09/2017 18:46

Hands up ..................

It's me woohoo (sorry Neil) laugh

It was nice meeting you today Neil and you won't want to hear it but it was nice driving the car home too. As you said it really does drive great and you can tell it's been looked after. I promise to continue in the same vein. Might even stick to servicing at Paul's as it's not a bad drive to Birmingham at all.
Tomorrow I think we might go for a drive somewhere and then later maybe a wash and polish. love (not that she/he needs it) & I might get to take a few pictures too smile
I'm sure we'll still see you on here from time to time Neil and you can keep us posted with your 500X Brera progress hehe
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Adieu, Adieu to yieu and yieu and yieu - 02/09/2017 18:51

Theres many Microns of Autoglym on that paint smile
Posted By: Ballypete

Re: Adieu, Adieu to yieu and yieu and yieu - 02/09/2017 21:48

Nice to have met you Neil- a big part of me still wishes I had bought your LE when I test drove it back in February but...
Posted By: Theresa

Re: Adieu, Adieu to yieu and yieu and yieu - 02/09/2017 22:19

Well done Chris, I'm sure you won't be disappointed and I hope this one lasts you a while cool

Good luck with your future cars Neil and I'm glad you'll be staying around on here cool I'm sure Mike will have no hesitation in letting you drive one of his if you start missing it laugh
Posted By: MCMike

Re: Adieu, Adieu to yieu and yieu and yieu - 04/09/2017 20:46

I know how much you loved this car Nello...but you have enjoyed many happy years with her and the car is an absolute credit to you, one of the very best original LE's around. And of course mine are always available for a blast ! Enjoy your new car Cametodance ! cool
Posted By: Mark_S

Re: Adieu, Adieu to yieu and yieu and yieu - 05/09/2017 07:07

I still come here every day even though it is over a year since I sold my 20VT, I guess after 15 years of ownership letting go is impossible..... tongue
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK