Has anyone used any of their products?

Saw a very impressive demo today,

www.faher.co.uk
Posted By: Nigel

Re: Anti friction Faher treatment - 10/09/2017 18:46

Not dissimilar to Slick50?
Posted By: jimboy

Re: Anti friction Faher treatment - 10/09/2017 19:41

Slick 50 was taken to court by a plaintiff for allegedly making false statements regarding how the potion could benefit your engine. I believe Slick 50 settled out of court. Snakeoil comes to mind.
Posted By: came2dance

Re: Anti friction Faher treatment - 10/09/2017 20:16

I was told by an oil representative that additives need to be carefully considered. They may well do what they say but that may not be beneficial to the application.

Anti-Friction products for instance may work by "filling in" all the little microscopic pits on the surface of the metal but these pits are the very things that oil clings to.
Posted By: Nigel

Re: Anti friction Faher treatment - 11/09/2017 08:31

My Alfa diesel is currently on 231,000 miles and has never had an oil additive, so I'm guessing that it probably doesn't need it....
Posted By: cyborg7

Re: Anti friction Faher treatment - 12/09/2017 17:06

It was a very impressive demonstration though. A proper test rig progressively increasing the point load on a bearing to failure. The rig ran 3 different oils Miller's Castrol semi and fully synthetic to failure under a given load and then with the supplement where failure occurred over longer durations and at a higher load.
The only issue I could see was whether the advantage justified the cost given that an engine wouldn't be put under such and extreme load and that most of our cars aren't doing that many miles between oil changes. Without doubt standard oils can be improved (everything is made to a price point let's face it), but whether it's worth the premium isn't clear.
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK