Fiat Coupe Club UK

Does my Coupe know.....

Posted By: Nigel

Does my Coupe know..... - 06/05/2018 17:49

....that its about to be sold?

Not a murmur of a problem for years and years and now it throws a mini-tantrum

Someone is due to view tomorrow, so I've just taken it out for a spin. The aircon isn't working, so I had the windows down and I could hear a light clicking when braking. Almost certainly a stone caught in the pad and clicking on the disc. So - I've just jacked the car up to have the wheel off, and the locking wheel nut key that I've had for 15 years has gone walkies....

Ar$e....
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Does my Coupe know..... - 06/05/2018 19:05

Yep she knows , i had afew things show up when i was collection the new buyer of my coupe that i had never had a problem with over the 10 years of ownership.
Posted By: DavidRobot

Re: Does my Coupe know..... - 07/05/2018 07:26

And do other cars get jealous? Since I’ve bought the coupe my previously reliable Alfa 159 has killed its high pressure fuel pump which put it off the road for 3 weeks, got it back for 4 days and it’s dumped all of its coolant cry
Posted By: Gripped

Re: Does my Coupe know..... - 07/05/2018 10:35

Of course they know. Like the Mrs who knows you're having a dalliance with a younger model.

She could smell the new car smell on you.

nono
Posted By: AnnieMac

Re: Does my Coupe know..... - 07/05/2018 13:31

Ha ha! Puts me in mind of Herbie the Beetle smashing up his owner's new sports car.
Posted By: DavidRobot

Re: Does my Coupe know..... - 07/05/2018 19:43

Originally Posted By AnnieMac
Ha ha! Puts me in mind of Herbie the Beetle smashing up his owner's new sports car.

Definitely!
Originally Posted By Gripped
Of course they know. Like the Mrs who knows you're having a dalliance with a younger model.

She could smell the new car smell on you.

nono

Although the coupe is nearly 3 times as old as the dog wagon.
Posted By: JKD

Re: Does my Coupe know..... - 07/05/2018 20:57

Nigel will tell us next that his Coupe is called Christine. shocked
Posted By: Master_Mariner

Re: Does my Coupe know..... - 08/05/2018 08:05

It's a sign Nigel,

She's saying don't leave me!

Sadly - I have the feeling she will sell quite quickly and your going to miss her...

Regards

MM
Posted By: LuisFilipe

Re: Does my Coupe know..... - 08/05/2018 11:49

Yes she knows and the Coupe is very jealous of other cars especialy other Coupes.

A year ago i bought another Coupe (a beautiful Plus love )so in the last months my other Coupe (daily drive) didnīt received the same love as the other one. So she began to complaint, first it was the center lock that didnīt work from the inside, then it begin to make a strange noise that was impossible to figure out, my mechanic spent hours and he couldnīt find why it make that noise, and the noise didnīt go away for 2 or 3 months.

But last saturday i decided to give her some love, a good wash, then some polish and sealent and some wax to shine.

On sunday i didnīt use the car, but on monday when i went to work, the center lock was fine and the noise was gone ooo confused

When i told my mechanic that the noise was gone he couldnīt believe ooo

So Nigel she knows for sure laugh

Posted By: Brilly1uk

Re: Does my Coupe know..... - 08/05/2018 13:12

A German model will require far less TLC! blush
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK