Fiat Coupe Club UK

Engine mountings.

Posted By: Barmybob

Engine mountings. - 10/06/2018 07:40

I have seen the complete sets available on eBay in road or race versions. Do folks have any info on these?

Is it worth doing or would new pattern parts be just as good?
Posted By: Barmybob

Re: Engine mountings. - 10/06/2018 07:43

Wrong words... clearly the option parts will be stiffer, but would it be too much on a standard car?
Posted By: Gunzi

Re: Engine mountings. - 10/06/2018 15:07

I had the upgraded options on 2 mounts plus Polyurethane stabiliser bar and I didn’t really notice a difference between the OEM and standard.

That said I did have bilstein, eibachs and a stainless exhaust, which are likely to have contributed more to noise and stiffness than the engine mounts.
Posted By: ioksotot

Re: Engine mountings. - 11/06/2018 11:28

I was running the road versions on standard setup Bob and they do stiffen up the ride, although not too much, you can live with it. StrongFlex have some good quality poly versions but they don't do them all, in some cases Vibra-Technics is the only way to go now unless you want to fit second hand ones.
Posted By: Countrycruising

Re: Engine mountings. - 11/06/2018 12:23

Originally Posted By Barmybob
Wrong words... clearly the option parts will be stiffer, but would it be too much on a standard car?

Not at all Bob, the fast road mounts reduce the rotation of the engine massively which helps get the power down, and a VT set is cheaper then the standard, that's if you can get a full set now that is.
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK