Fiat Coupe Club UK

Int non start

Posted By: Anonymous

Int non start - 04/07/2018 08:49

Hi all im new to the forum so il introduce myself! everyone knows me as tack (story for another day) iv had a n/a coupe for about 3 years i bought of some one who was going scrap it because the garage next to me told him it was an un economical repair! so i gave him the scrap value and to cut a long story short replaced the fuel due to water contamination! my son now uses that car and i have recently bought a 20vt6 im going to be doing the belt and water pump as soon as i can put aside a little time! but one thing i have noticed is that on 2 occasions it has refused to re start after a run and being turned of for maybe 10 mins! now it has happened twice im thinking this is something i need to get to the bottom off had an issue with fuel pump feed on old coupe but that broke down and would not re start until re wired! any advise welcome thanks

Re: Int non start - 04/07/2018 12:20

Is it the n/a or the 20vt6 that's not starting? If the n/a, is it a 16v or 20v?

Is it turning over OK or doing nothing at all?

What exactly are the code and injection lights doing?

Both should come on, go off and stay off during cranking. If they're not coming on, staying on or coming back on during cranking that helps to identify the problem.

Also, can you hear the fuel pump priming when you turn on the ignition?

Re: Int non start - 04/07/2018 16:16

It's the turbo that's faulting! Just turns over and won't fire! I asked my son if he could here the fuel pump (as it was him it faulted on last time) and like me he didn't know! He was just going start getting into it and it fired up
Posted By: Countrycruising

Re: Int non start - 04/07/2018 16:33

Sounds like either the yellow connector of death, fuel pump relay or a crank sensor.

Re: Int non start - 11/07/2018 11:23

Ok it happened again! checked fuel pump! was making a noise so assuming i was actually getting fuel to engine! do diag or imm lights on or flashing! i am convinced its time related (trying to start 10 mins or so after a run!) so looking into what leads i need to check for faults! may chance a crank sensor, cam belt is due so is it worth changing cam sensor at the same time? and on the subject of belts does it go without saying the water pump should be changed at the same time? i normally replace but heard people tell me they just do belt?
Posted By: Begbie

Re: Int non start - 12/07/2018 06:56

You mentioned 20vt6, so assume that you've got a push start button? If so, that seems to be a known problem on the LE's

Re: Int non start - 12/07/2018 08:40

intresting! thanks

Re: Int non start - 12/07/2018 09:52

If it's turning over OK the problem isn't the start button.

If injector light is staying off then most likely injection or fuel pump relays at ECU, yellow connector at fuse box or possibly multiple injectors failing when hot.
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK