Fiat Coupe Club UK

Squirty things

Posted By: mr_nobut

Squirty things - 06/07/2018 10:23

Hi does anyone know where new windscreen squirty things can be found. I mean the nozzle things that clip to the wipers. I’m sure I saw a link on here but might have imagined it! crazy ta
Posted By: Nigel

Re: Squirty things - 06/07/2018 14:36

I found mine about halfway along each of my front wiper arms, at the end of the thin black pipe

Sorry.... coat

As an apology, I might have one or two around somewhere - I'll check
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Squirty things - 06/07/2018 14:45

Mine don't work very well, in fact the nearside one dribbles.
I,ve tried steradent but it hasn't helped much.
Any quick fixes?
(I know this is in the wrong place but hey ho!)

Re: Squirty things - 07/07/2018 11:04

Steredent? Is that the stuff you use for false teeth!!

My left one only dribbles. Have changed pump and pipe work so must be blocked squirters!!

Does anyone remember where the link was on here for some new ones...!!

tongue

Re: Squirty things - 08/07/2018 06:55

Yup it is, it worked a treat on an old work van.
Seems I could do with a new squirter as well.
Posted By: Ballypete

Re: Squirty things - 08/07/2018 07:12

Mine were really poor, but after examining pump and system it turned out to be the NRV. Changed those and now immediate response and good jets front and rear

Re: Squirty things - 09/07/2018 14:33

Where is the NRV?
Posted By: Edinburgh

Re: Squirty things - 09/07/2018 16:34

Originally Posted By chipped
Where is the NRV?

Under the scuttle panel. Once there you may just be able to manipulate the hosing enough to leave the NRV located underneath the small mesh panel which will avoid you having to remove the wipers and scuttle panel in the future.

While you're in there though it's a good time to lubricate the wiper mechanism and clear out any dead leaves/vegetation at each side by the bonnet hinges smile

Re: Squirty things - 10/07/2018 15:54

Ok, thanks. Another job on the list . Not all Coupe related mind.

Re: Squirty things - 10/07/2018 18:14

Ordered a NRV of fleabay as upon inspection mine is missing and it just has a 3 way junction without any valve....will try it and see if it improves squirtyness. rolleyes
Posted By: Ballypete

Re: Squirty things - 10/07/2018 19:33

It will indeed as the lack of NRV will see fluid and pressure going back against the flow - towards the pump. Look a little further down towards the front end of the scuttle panel and there should also be an inline NRV for the rear washer as well.

Re: Squirty things - 11/07/2018 15:22

Nrv turned up today but when I fitted it didn’t work. grr

Looks like the pressure is too low to open it?

Stripped out all pipework and discovered a hole in a pipe which had been rubbing on the wiper mech!!

Popped down local car place and got an inline nrv and used it to join pipes where section with the hole was cut out.. all back together and squirty things working a treat!!!

Looks like not all nrv’s may be the same pressure? Modern cars probably have stronger pumps! laugh
Posted By: ePiFaNT

Re: Squirty things - 12/07/2018 15:50

...and you did fit the one way valve the right way, I presume...? laugh

Re: Squirty things - 13/07/2018 07:21

Yep I think so... It was a T one, inlet on the bottom outlets to the sides. However it was so 'strong' I couldn't blow through it and pump couldn't work it I guess. Pushing a small screw driver up it I could feel the spring inside and it was pretty firm...almost like a mini dump valve....guess it was just too strong!! Inline valve I fitted works fine!! Bit weird!!! crazy
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK