Fiat Coupe Club UK

Injector light sorted !

Posted By: G_Man

Injector light sorted ! - 20/10/2018 09:56

Well after the hassles highlighted below it's all sorted:

https://www.fiatcoupeclub.org/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1622696#Post1622696

Whilst working out of our Birmingham office took the opportunity to visit Motormech this week and after the diagnostics it was a crank / cam sensor issue. So after the cam and ignition timing was reset all's back to normal. As everyone said - don't guess the problem and get it diagnosed rolleyes Also confirmed no matrix leak and my demist issue was down to a misaligned pollen filter. So happy days all round .. yipee
Posted By: Edinburgh

Re: Injector light sorted ! - 20/10/2018 10:30

Great result Alan thumb
Posted By: DaveG

Re: Injector light sorted ! - 20/10/2018 20:49

I'm confused, your original thread was talking about a possible hot weather issue, possibly coil packs but now after a (simple?) "cam and ignition timing reset" it's all fixed? I'm not sure how you can "reset" that unless the cam belt had slipped a tooth or something?

Ah wait, this is 16v isn't it, so it has a semblance of a distributor and I guess you can adjust the timing?

Anyway, glad it's fixed!
Posted By: G_Man

Re: Injector light sorted ! - 21/10/2018 07:44

Funnily enough Dave after I posted this I did wonder if this was a piece of useless info for everyone unless your part of the 16v elite ;-). Anyway I was just reporting back on the diagnostic results finally after one local garage blew up their kit in the process etc etc.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Injector light sorted ! - 21/10/2018 17:32

Great result ! Top one.
Posted By: Master_Mariner

Re: Injector light sorted ! - 22/10/2018 08:19

Nice to hear-glad she is back to "normal"

Ahh the days of having a distributor cap...and easy to resolve timing issues!

Regards
Posted By: Gunzi

Re: Injector light sorted ! - 27/10/2018 18:29

glad to hear it's sorted Gman!
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK