Fiat Coupe Club UK

Interesting comparison on autotrader

Posted By: respace

Interesting comparison on autotrader - 29/11/2018 07:44

Two coops, same age, mileage, price, even the same town! I thought it was the same car but no, one has significant mods running 300 etc.
It's been apparent for some time it is the standard ones that are attracting the higher prices.
Posted By: andyps

Re: Interesting comparison on autotrader - 29/11/2018 11:12

Have you got a link?
Posted By: Alan_K

Re: Interesting comparison on autotrader - 29/11/2018 11:20

That’s very normal
Anybody wanting a classic car wants it as close as to when it left factory

Re: Interesting comparison on autotrader - 29/11/2018 18:14

As mentioned elsewhere i don't always understand internet advertising, this advert has now changed and the same details are being used to advertise 'both' cars from different sites. The standard details have disappeared and the price dropped on one site, though still the same on ebay.
Curiously there isn't a picture of the standard car so can't see reg no.
Posted By: Edinburgh

Re: Interesting comparison on autotrader - 29/11/2018 19:13

Well, let it be appreciated that on this forum a good and honest standard of advertising Coupes - and Parts - for sale is expected and maintained...this way one has at least a chance of a value purchase.
Posted By: andyps

Re: Interesting comparison on autotrader - 29/11/2018 19:24

Given the way the advert has changed I'd be very suspicious of the car(s) - if it even exists.

Re: Interesting comparison on autotrader - 30/11/2018 15:42

It has got a little more complicated today, again on autotrader, the site offering the tuned version is now listing a standard 20vt although it is different to the 'original' standard one and it's Reg doesn't show up on my insurance company data base.
The tuned version is still being listed on another site at a different price, i think the companies must be linked and they mixed up the original advert.
Does feel decidedly dodgy or just plain incompetent, either it doesn't inspire confidence!
Posted By: Submariner

Re: Interesting comparison on autotrader - 02/12/2018 18:02

Barge and pole
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK