Fiat Coupe Club UK

Newbie from Southampton

Posted By: Anonymous

Newbie from Southampton - 22/12/2018 16:26

Hi all ,just a quick hello and a picture of my new project
[IMG]http://i837.photobucket.com/albums/...prjl.jpeg[/IMG]" onclick="window.open('http://www.fiatcoupeclub.org/forum/imagepopup.php?image=[IMG]http://i837.photobucket.com/albums/...prjl.jpeg[/IMG]', 'imagepopup', 'toolbar=no,scrollbars=yes,width=300,height=300'); return false;" target=imagepopup>[IMG]http://i837.photobucket.com/albums/...prjl.jpeg[/IMG]" style="border: 1px solid black; padding: 5px;" height="60" vspace="5" alt="click to enlarge">
In need of a fair bit of work so may be calling upon your expertise

Eltel
Posted By: Edinburgh

Re: Newbie from Southampton - 22/12/2018 17:16

Originally Posted By Eltel
Hi all ,just a quick hello and a picture of my new project

click to enlarge

In need of a fair bit of work so may be calling upon your expertise

Eltel

Welcome Eltel, sorted your link for you smile

There was so much clobber in there it needed thinning out laugh

Press "Quote" to see how it's done smile

Re: Newbie from Southampton - 22/12/2018 20:28

I see , I thought something wasn’t right
Thankyou
Posted By: Mark_D

Re: Newbie from Southampton - 22/12/2018 21:08

Hi & welcome. I’m about 19 miles from you & Im doing a fair bit of work to mine at the moment. Your car is steel grey by the looks. Same colour as my Punto. Your coop looks awesome!
Posted By: Possum

Re: Newbie from Southampton - 23/12/2018 00:43

Hi and welcome from a very warm "Downunder". Hope you have many years of enjoyable Coupe ownership.

It does become frustrating sometimes but then the smile returns on the open road or when a stranger says how much they like your car (which happened to me in a shopping centre carpark this morning). smile
Posted By: Brilly1uk

Re: Newbie from Southampton - 28/12/2018 19:39

Welcome Eltel - hope you get to really enjoy your Coupe ownership/stewardship. smile
Posted By: Gunzi

Re: Newbie from Southampton - 29/12/2018 18:30

Welcome Eltel, what is needed for your new Coupe? Is this a light work or a full blown resto?

Re: Newbie from Southampton - 01/01/2019 08:50

Thanks for the welcome

Re: Newbie from Southampton - 01/01/2019 09:03

There’s a few jobs that need doing ,cambelt , clutch ,new radiator and condenser.
I’ve done a few jobs this week,
I replaced the rear brake pipes back to the abs unit and I got her running after being sat for 4 years .
A few jobs to look at this week.
1.she won’t start off the push button(no power to starter) I’ve wired in a remote starter under the bonnet.
2. Oil pressure light stays on with ignition switched off
3. Bonnet release cable.
That’s where I’m at at the moment, I hope to get her on the road soon and do it
As a rolling project
Posted By: Edinburgh

Re: Newbie from Southampton - 01/01/2019 10:14

Have a look at the HowTo section under "freeing a stuck bonnet"....fairly straightforward fix smile

Re: Newbie from Southampton - 01/01/2019 11:28

Thanks I will check it out

Re: Newbie from Southampton - 01/01/2019 18:02

For non starting, there is a great diagram contained within the first post of this thread.

In case you haven't seen it there is a How To Index for the 200+ guides on the forum smile
Posted By: Countrycruising

Re: Newbie from Southampton - 02/01/2019 09:16

There’s a few jobs that need doing ,cambelt , clutch ,new radiator and condenser.
I’ve done a few jobs this week,
I replaced the rear brake pipes back to the abs unit and I got her running after being sat for 4 years .
A few jobs to look at this week.
1.she won’t start off the push button(no power to starter) I’ve wired in a remote starter under the bonnet.
2. Oil pressure light stays on with ignition switched off
3. Bonnet release cable.
That’s where I’m at at the moment, I hope to get her on the road soon and do it
As a rolling project

Welcome wave

Quick one on the none starting issue, the fault there is the alternator as the diode pack has failed due to it being stood, the confirmation was the oil pressure light being on with the keys out the ignition, it back feeds messing with the starting circuit and drains the battery so the alternator will need to be rebuilt/replaced.

Re: Newbie from Southampton - 02/01/2019 17:58

Thank you ,that would explain why this morning the alternator decided to cook it self,

Re: Newbie from Southampton - 03/01/2019 10:30

If you need it here is the how to remove 20VT Alternator guide.
Posted By: Countrycruising

Re: Newbie from Southampton - 03/01/2019 10:32

Thank you ,that would explain why this morning the alternator decided to cook it self,

Defiantly fudged then laugh
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK