Fiat Coupe Club UK

Seats?

Posted By: mr_nobut

Seats? - 16/01/2019 20:58

My standard leather 20vt drivers seats is starting to wear badly with the lower and side bolster going all flat and the seat springs creaking.

I know these are probably not expensive to refurb but apart from the LE seats, are there any other ‘sports’ seats that fit the coupe which arn’t too boy racer?

I’ve seen Hyundai coupe seats fitted but are these difficult to adapt? Ideally some slightly more supportive in keeping seats would be great, anyone fitted alternatives? Ta
Posted By: Countrycruising

Re: Seats? - 17/01/2019 08:38

Having seats refurbished is an expensive cost to have it done properly, my chap charges an average price of around £600+ depending on what's needed so as a couple of choices are you can go for a good second hand set, the Hyundai which fit but they're amazingly hard to sit on or the Carrelli which give you the Recaro support at a third of the cost, which I have in stock if interested, shameless plug laugh
Posted By: mr_nobut

Re: Seats? - 17/01/2019 11:11

Ta Joe, i’ll Pm you
Posted By: Brilly1uk

Re: Seats? - 17/01/2019 15:08

Re Carrelli -they certainly look the part Joe! cool
Do they rub on the b pillar grab handle in normal use? ooo
Posted By: Nigel

Re: Seats? - 17/01/2019 15:43

Hyundai Coupe seats are superb - far better than standard 20VT seats and (gasp!) better to sit in than the Plus Recaro seats too

Bear in mind I used to do 30,000 miles a year in my Sprinty, so there was a lot of time sat in them

Look here:-

https://www.fiatcoupeclub.org/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1616770
Posted By: Nigel

Re: Seats? - 17/01/2019 15:46

PS - I've never tried, but if you could get Alfa GT Blackline seats to fit, I reckon you'd be very pleased - they are quite possibly the best car seats I've ever used - I've often done 5+ hours non-stop without any aches or pains
Posted By: Gripped

Re: Seats? - 17/01/2019 16:11

Since they are based on the same platform, I wonder if they'd fit? Interesting idea.

Re: Seats? - 17/01/2019 17:03

GT seats will fit with the rails adapted but you can't be taller then 4ft 10in tall otherwise your head hits the roof, how do we know, well Master_Mariner sent me a set for his Coupe which I fitted but found all the mechanics of the base tilt and lift so over engineered it was impossible to reduce the height allowing comfortable seating, real shame as they're a lovely design.

Re: Seats? - 17/01/2019 17:07

Originally Posted By Brilly1uk
Re Carrelli -they certainly look the part Joe! cool
Do they rub on the b pillar grab handle in normal use? ooo

With the chairs back for us tall drivers the grab handle rubs on all head rests Mark, easily resolved with a cable tie.
Posted By: Edinburgh

Re: Seats? - 17/01/2019 17:11

Originally Posted By Countrycruising
Having seats refurbished is an expensive cost to have it done properly, my chap charges an average price of around £600+ depending on what's needed so as a couple of choices are you can go for a good second hand set, the Hyundai which fit but they're amazingly hard to sit on or the Carrelli which give you the Recaro support at a third of the cost, which I have in stock if interested, shameless plug laugh

Joe you have PM
Posted By: Brilly1uk

Re: Seats? - 19/01/2019 14:53

Good to know Joe.... thumb
Posted By: Edinburgh

Re: Seats? - 21/01/2019 20:30

Originally Posted By Edinburgh
Originally Posted By Countrycruising

Joe you have PM

Joe you have other PM laugh
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK