Fiat Coupe Club UK

New sills

Posted By: rrosscoe

New sills - 18/01/2019 10:57

That cought your attension,I am looking to get a set of sills remanufactured but I need a pattern for the workshop to get correct shape etc,did ask if I could cut a set out of a bodyshell but they said not the best idea, so does anybody have a set of NEW old stock sill panels hidden away that they might want to donate/sell so we can have lots more life in our cars. Also if you are interested in getting a set let me or the forum know so that we can get a good deal on price, there must be a set out there somewhere.
Have a good look in your shed's eh
RRosscoe
Posted By: DaveG

Re: New sills - 18/01/2019 11:54

I have one brand new OE n/s sill smile but not the o/s one frown
Posted By: Edinburgh

Re: New sills - 18/01/2019 12:46

Originally Posted By DaveG
I have one brand new OE n/s sill smile but not the o/s one frown

Dave you have PM
Posted By: JKD

Re: New sills - 18/01/2019 19:01

Am I incorrect in thinking sills are mirror opposites of each other? So even if you get hold of one, you can just flip it to create the other? confused
Posted By: andyps

Re: New sills - 16/05/2021 17:22

Did anything come of this? Would be really interested in a pair of sills for my car.
Posted By: G_Man

Re: New sills - 17/05/2021 09:56

I'm not sure either myself but I've been in touch with a fabricator close to me and they've confirmed that one good sill (preferably a new one) is all that's required and yes it can be flipped. But they need to see one in the flesh to understand the complexities and whether their current tooling will do the job. But others in the club will have made similar enquiries in the past no doubt smile

Re: New sills - 17/05/2021 10:15

Originally Posted by G_Man
I'm not sure either myself but I've been in touch with a fabricator close to me and they've confirmed that one good sill (preferably a new one) is all that's required and yes it can be flipped. But they need to see one in the flesh to understand the complexities and whether their current tooling will do the job. But others in the club will have made similar enquiries in the past no doubt smile

I suspect part of the difficulty is that the sill is not straight so a simple bender won't work, it is likely to need a specifically made former.
Posted By: DaveG

Re: New sills - 17/05/2021 17:32

I can take some pictures of the OE n/s sill that I have, if that would help?

Re: New sills - 17/05/2021 22:49

That might be really helpful to see the full shape of it. Thanks Dave
Posted By: G_Man

Re: New sills - 18/05/2021 12:39

Dave PM sent smile
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK