Fiat Coupe Club UK

Posted By: robertjock

New Member - 13/02/2019 10:22

Hi all,thanks for accepting invite, have just bought a barn find black fiat coupe 20v turbo LE ,with 72k miles on clock,also got a free 20v non turbo green thrown in with deal,
Turbo has been off road for ten years,interior perfect bodywork gone dull,faded,mechanically perfect,very liitle rust underneath,only in one spot where somebody jacked up car in wrong place,been after one off these cars for years,so i have decided to give car a complete rebuild,dropping out engine and gearbox and complete chassis,,going to respray car myself and underseal complete car,with full engine rebuild,there a lovely car so no point not doing her up properly,
Im an ex panel beater bodyshop owner so will do all work myself,already started stripping down car this week
Im based in south ireland,just after restoring a fiat stilo abarth selespeed for myself,owned in last 3 years alfa 147,alfa gtv 3.0 v6 with 38k miles,toyota mr2,calibra 2.5 v6 which is now in britain and a diahatsu charade de-tomasso .
Looking forward to reading forums for advice on fiat coupe rebuilds.

Thanks JOCK.
Posted By: Countrycruising

Re: New Member - 13/02/2019 11:40

Welcome Jock, sounds like you've found yourself a nice project to add to your already extensive collection laugh
Posted By: Edinburgh

Re: New Member - 13/02/2019 13:48

Great news to hear of your discovery, with bonus included cool

Consider starting a thread on Coupe Projects where you can update us on your progress (with pics smile ), also start a separate Discussion thread where comments are kept separate cool

Re: New Member - 13/02/2019 14:21

Thanks guys,yup will do a build post with pictures once i get used to this forum,started calipers today,and rocker cover,and have complete front taken off car already.
Posted By: Master_Mariner

Re: New Member - 13/02/2019 15:07

Welcome on board!

Look forward to hearing how your project goes (for both cars!)

Regards
MM
Posted By: Brilly1uk

Re: New Member - 13/02/2019 16:36

Nice collection of former wheels Jock.
Good luck with the new project.
Posted By: Gripped

Re: New Member - 13/02/2019 21:03

Welcome to the forum and to Coupe ownership. Will be interested to see any photos of the restoration.
Posted By: OnlyItalian

Re: New Member - 13/02/2019 23:39

Welcome to the forum. Does the NA have the VIS engine? If so you'll find it's a really revvy special little engine.
Posted By: Possum

Re: New Member - 14/02/2019 05:43

Welcome Jock, from "Downunder".

I'm sure you will receive lots of assistance with your project from the members. Just remember that any problems with your Coupe may already have been experienced by a Forum member , so just ask.
This link may help: https://www.fiatcoupeclub.org/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/1249622/how-to-faq-index#Post1249622
Posted By: magooagain

Re: New Member - 14/02/2019 07:24

Welcome to the club and forum.
Looks like you have you're hands full with the car collection.
I'm around your way once a year or so(Portlaw) visiting some fellow car & bike enthusiast pals.

Good luck.

Re: New Member - 14/02/2019 09:00

i havnt even had the green coupe delivered yet OnlyItalian ,stored it at a friends place as cars where stored 2 hours away from where i live,and he was close,i just no body is perfect and that its a 20v non turbo ,hope to collect her soon.

Re: New Member - 14/02/2019 09:02

Thanks all for the welcome by the way,and magooagain Portlaw just up road from me,im based in tramore myself,if your around sometime will gladly show you around coupe turbo when its complete.
Posted By: magooagain

Re: New Member - 14/02/2019 10:58

Ah yes I know Tramore,I have a couple of pals also in fiddown and Piltown.

I will give you a shout when I'm over.
Posted By: Theresa

Re: New Member - 14/02/2019 11:10

Hi and welcome smile
Posted By: Yann

Re: New Member - 16/02/2019 17:39

Welcome smile
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK