Fiat Coupe Club UK

Short term Euro breakdown cover?

Posted By: G_Man

Short term Euro breakdown cover? - 15/04/2019 19:00

Getting ready for Viva Italia and have checked my current breakdown cover with Green Flag and it appears I'm not covered due to vehicle age. RAC can cover at £75 but has anyone got any recommendations? I've got every faith she'll get me there and back but best to be on the safe side...
Posted By: Rosso

Re: Short term Euro breakdown cover? - 15/04/2019 21:31

Got to say I searched for sometime for breakdown cover before our coupe road trip to Italy last year but found almost nothing that was achievable and in the end my saving grace was my insurance was due to renew and with the new deal from Hegerty Insurance that was agreed via the club. They have a RAC European cover which ticked all the boxes. So it maybe worth asking RAC if they can do a standalone deal
Posted By: Edinburgh

Re: Short term Euro breakdown cover? - 15/04/2019 22:50

Have you tried Adrian Flux or ClassicLine?
Posted By: barnacle

Re: Short term Euro breakdown cover? - 16/04/2019 12:39

Be aware that just about *any* continental cover - other than as part of a classic policy - will recover you and your luggage, but not the car if the cost of recovery exceeds the value of the car. The book value for a coupe is not very much (rusty old Italian!) and it may well end up scrapped over there... read the small print!
Posted By: andyps

Re: Short term Euro breakdown cover? - 16/04/2019 14:46

I cross to France quite regularly so have an annual policy with the RAC which covers Europe, as it is personal rather than car based it doesn't have an age restriction on the car. Not cheap but excellent value on the couple of occasions when I've unfortunately had to use it in France!
Posted By: Master_Mariner

Re: Short term Euro breakdown cover? - 16/04/2019 15:32

I used AA - and they stated car would come back to UK if it could not be fixed - it would not be left by side of road.

Same as Andyps - it covers whatever car I am in.

But the Coupe has not let me down in Europe.

MM
Posted By: andyps

Re: Short term Euro breakdown cover? - 16/04/2019 16:13

I should clarify, it wasn't the Coupe that needed help in Europe!! It was a Citroen on a couple of occasions and a Jag on another.
Posted By: G_Man

Re: Short term Euro breakdown cover? - 16/04/2019 18:08

Thanks peeps for the above. Looks like I can get 1 journey cover for c £55 from the AA so not too bad for some peace of mind.
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK