Fiat Coupe Club UK

new owner

Posted By: Anonymous

new owner - 29/05/2019 00:26

Hi All

I recently bought an ink black 20vt after getting an unexplained crush when browsing cars,
The car is an import 88000km rust free example,
it has an HKS black edition turbo boost controller, a HKS hard pipe induction kit,
i know nothing about these things and the beep it kept making was the overboost warning or so im led to believe after some study, i reduced all the settings on the boost controller and this stopped the warning beep,
It has various settings and as i said even after some study i still dont really understand them,
can anyone advise me on the best A and B settings and maximum boost settings or the best setup for this system as i obviously do not want to damage the turbo or engine,
The car was dynod at 241BHP,
It seems to run great and pulls like a train and i did have it checked over by a Mechanic before purchase,
It also has coilover suspension which i need to change and a Recaro drivers seat and although this might indicate some abuse as i said, it runs great, no smoke and plenty of guts, so after about three months of happy ownership the only complaint would be the hard ride, soon to be rectified,
Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated

Re: new owner - 29/05/2019 06:32

Welcome. Sounds like you could get rid of the boost controller and just get it stage 1 remapped by FC Performance (not expensive) then you will be running around 250-60 hp with no overboost worries.
Have fun.
Posted By: Edinburgh

Re: new owner - 29/05/2019 07:27

Hi and welcome to the forum smile
Posted By: Countrycruising

Re: new owner - 29/05/2019 07:54

Welcome to the forum and Coupé ownership smile

What are the setting for A and B?

Re: new owner - 29/05/2019 09:37

Hi All,

Thanks for the welcome messages,
not sure what the settings were, thinking around 70-75 when i checked, i put them both down to 44, and the max boost to 1.2 based on what i have read about settings, but as ever there always seems to be conflicting opinions,
im just keen not to cause any expensive repairs,

Is the FC Performance remap a safer option, i'e good long term and where could i get something like that done
Posted By: Countrycruising

Re: new owner - 29/05/2019 16:39

Ideally with a standard turbo you only want to be seeing 1.1 bar max, if it spikes it could cause issues so worth finding a copy of the manual so you can set it up safely, or book in with FC performance and let Flea set it up along with a remap, worth the efforts and expense to know it's right.

Re: new owner - 29/05/2019 17:34

Thanks, sounds like a good idea, i will definitely check out FC performance
Posted By: Gripped

Re: new owner - 30/05/2019 17:43

Welcome to the forum and coupe ownership. Sounds like you have a decent car.

Re: new owner - 30/05/2019 18:09

Thanks, ye seems all good so far, more than happy with it, mechanic reckons must of been garaged whole life as 0 rust even on exposed metal and still has original brake pipes rust free, so touch wood, only gripe is shopping trolley suspension which i am intending to change soon and Recaro seat which im not a fan of but think ive sourced a replacement for, Love the car, not seen another locally and plenty of people asking what it is,
What about yours, how long you owned for and what are main things to look out for
Posted By: Edinburgh

Re: new owner - 30/05/2019 18:34

Although the Recaro might look a little odd amongst the rest of the interior think twice about replacing it as it's a LOT more comfortable, especially over long distances.
Posted By: Mark_S

Re: new owner - 30/05/2019 21:29

Sounds like a great buy, Coupes are simply amazing machines; wait until the modding bug takes you up to 300bhp plus, rolling in 3rd its awesome :-)
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK