Fiat Coupe Club UK

Fond farewells!!!

Posted By: mr_nobut

Fond farewells!!! - 30/05/2019 21:28

Fond farewell coupe folk. After my coupe of 9 years was written of by a teenager pulling out on me, I have made the difficult decision not to get another coupe (i’ve had 4)

I am now the proud owner of a black 3.2 v6 q4 Alfa spider!! Different animal to the 20vt totally. A bit wobbly being a rag top, and a very lazy powerful drive. Lots of mod cons and very comfortable, nice power but no woosh like the coupe. Achingly sexy though, dare I say it, even more than the coupe???

Anyway, just want to say a MASSIVE thanks to all of you on here that have helped me keep my coupes running...i’m going to miss this forum and all the happy coupsters!!!

I have a shed full of useful spares (lights, steering wheel, relays, under-tray)....and loads of other bits!!! Going to stick them on eBay as a job lot so watch out and hopefully someone will find them useful. It will also probably include an acr4 with fiat pod and joes coupe book which was invaluable to diy maintenance.

Again many thanks everyone....right off to sort that Alfa out!!
Posted By: jimboy

Re: Fond farewells!!! - 31/05/2019 05:53

Long live the Coop Mr N. Sad ending to your one though. Onward & upwards as they say, enjoy your latest toy..... driving
Posted By: Theresa

Re: Fond farewells!!! - 31/05/2019 23:15

Sorry to read about your Coupe being written off and that you're not getting another, but good to read that you're sticking with the Italian stuff laugh

Enjoy the Alfa and you're still always welcome here, so please pop in and say hi now and again smile
Posted By: Master_Mariner

Re: Fond farewells!!! - 03/06/2019 10:32

Farewell Mr_Nobut,

You were one of the regular posters when I was lurking here mulling over buying my Coupe.

4 Coupes owned in total?....who knows if they will call you back again in the future!

Best wishes for the road ahead in that Alfa of yours.

Regards

MM

Re: Fond farewells!!! - 08/07/2019 19:59

Thanks guys...going to miss this forum. Just put all my spares up on eBay if anyone is interested,

linky
Posted By: Countrycruising

Re: Fond farewells!!! - 08/07/2019 20:06

It's been a pleasure Dave, wishing you and your new ride all the best thumb

Re: Fond farewells!!! - 08/07/2019 20:46

Cheers Joe, going to miss my trips and educational tours of the workshop!! All the best...might be back you never know. The Alfa is lovely but miss the turbo thrill!! However the v6 does sound very nice on song!!
Posted By: andyps

Re: Fond farewells!!! - 08/07/2019 21:06

If I was nearer to Bristol I'd be bidding on your parts!

Enjoy the Alfa, lovely cars.
Posted By: mrc

Re: Fond farewells!!! - 09/07/2019 12:03

Have you go a price for all your parts? wink

Re: Fond farewells!!! - 09/11/2019 13:08

Hi, just a quick post to say the final bit of my coupe is on eBay!! The undertray from my deceased R reg 20vt has to go. Cheap, no reserve need it gone....miss my coupe!!
Posted By: Edinburgh

Re: Fond farewells!!! - 09/11/2019 13:14

All the best for the future, sorry the coop has had to pass on to more ethereal places - but you never know.... evil laugh
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK