Fiat Coupe Club UK

Coupe on Officially Gassed

Posted By: pinin_prestatyn

Coupe on Officially Gassed - 09/07/2019 13:16

Clicky

Good to see a coop on one of my favourite channels. Boy do I miss that sound!
Posted By: RusH

Re: Coupe on Officially Gassed - 09/07/2019 20:30

Not come across that channel before. Thanks for sharing.

Is the owner a member on here?
Posted By: pvig73

Re: Coupe on Officially Gassed - 10/07/2019 09:22

That Coupe really sounded great and the problem with the inner arch also happened to me.
Posted By: Cooldog

Re: Coupe on Officially Gassed - 10/07/2019 18:40

Maybe not the best advertisement for the Coupe in all respects.
Posted By: magooagain

Re: Coupe on Officially Gassed - 10/07/2019 19:22

Originally Posted by Cooldog
Maybe not the best advertisement for the Coupe in all respects.

Yes that could be said. But the majority of coupe owners around Europe have been very positive about the video.

We are all coupe fans in the end.
Posted By: Countrycruising

Re: Coupe on Officially Gassed - 10/07/2019 21:22

Any advertising of our 20 yr old coupés is good I say, 420 bhp on standard internals, why not and fair play, it's his car laugh
Posted By: Submariner

Re: Coupe on Officially Gassed - 11/07/2019 04:33

with that power on stock internals etc....will keep them knocking on your door...innit bro biglaugh
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Coupe on Officially Gassed - 11/07/2019 10:44

When he said no wastegate I assume he means dump valve. They both seem to be enjoying the drive.
Please subscribe so Jamie can buy some trousers!
Posted By: jimboy

Re: Coupe on Officially Gassed - 11/07/2019 12:27

What's ado with the threads man, it's all banging innit....... smokin

Re: Coupe on Officially Gassed - 16/07/2019 13:23

Apparently, according tot he comments, it does not have 400bhp as all these other 400bhp coupe owners cars are much faster smile
Posted By: Nigel

Re: Coupe on Officially Gassed - 16/07/2019 17:25

Perhaps the channel should have ride in a genuine 400+ Coupe (before I sell it)

Re: Coupe on Officially Gassed - 17/07/2019 08:26

and a well sorted one smile

Do it Nigel, reach out to them smile

Re: Coupe on Officially Gassed - 17/07/2019 09:19

Please do Nigel. It would knock his socks off!
Posted By: Trappy

Re: Coupe on Officially Gassed - 17/07/2019 10:54

The comments stem from the old questions regarding the dyno at Circuit Motors. Flea's dyno of choice.

Thing is, we're looking at a Coupé fitted with a system capable of making 420bhp (*at Circuit Motors) that has been mapped with mechanical sympathy. This means it will be making very low torque. Mine made 420bhp on that dyno but only with 328lbs/ft as I don't have forged rods (only pistons).

As the car in the video doesn't even have forged pistons, I would think Leighton would have mapped it with even less torque. This is going to make for a very leggy, very linear power delivery that might come across as slow in the video. I certainly have to keep mine on the boil.

Nigel, you really should reach out to the chap in this video and the guy with the livinglifefast channel. It would give us all something to see and may well help get your car sold! wink

Re: Coupe on Officially Gassed - 17/07/2019 11:01

How do you contact someone that runs a YT channel?
Posted By: Blue20vt

Re: Coupe on Officially Gassed - 17/07/2019 11:30

Normally these channels do not do the same car multiple times, there’s already been a coupe on Ricky’s Chanel, living life fast and now officially gassed.

Re: Coupe on Officially Gassed - 17/07/2019 14:37

Maybe, but the same VXR is featured twice on OG! (er...i`m driving a Corsa too.) coat
Message via instagram if you use it might be the best way to contact, a comment on a youtube vid would probably be ignored by the channel.
I don`t think the clutch was holding well on that car, and 1.5 bar? is needed for 420bhp.

Lots of comments like `please feature more coupes, pleeeeeeease jamie` from different viewers might not hurt the prospect of more features.
What the coupe doesn`t have in its favour though is the glitz factor. Cars are showing their age and the car never received the kind of aftermarket development that some of the featured cars have. Did you see the 902bhp Fiesta driven by a 22 year old. He really boots it!

Re: Coupe on Officially Gassed - 17/07/2019 16:19

Originally Posted by Nigel
How do you contact someone that runs a YT channel?

I’ve messaged him Nigel (on Instagram) asking if he would be up for it featuring your Coupe. I’ll let you know when/if he responds thumb

Re: Coupe on Officially Gassed - 18/07/2019 15:00

Check out the Bond Bug video. Awesome stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tUy78T8Euo
Posted By: Submariner

Re: Coupe on Officially Gassed - 19/07/2019 13:33

Didn't like the Coupe feature but that one is awesome, savage power delivery both their faces are hilarious
Posted By: Trappy

Re: Coupe on Officially Gassed - 19/07/2019 13:40

Does anyone follow the JayEmm on cars channel?

I think he'd like a well looked after standard (ish) example thumb
Posted By: Forfoot30

Re: Coupe on Officially Gassed - 23/07/2019 17:31

Hi guys it was my coupe featured on officially gassed I've been having issues with boost since about 2 days prior to featuring I did explain in recording but it was edited out

Re: Coupe on Officially Gassed - 23/07/2019 19:49

Nigel I'm the chap who spoke to you on the phone in regards to forging but now you've spun me into contemplating buying yours

Re: Coupe on Officially Gassed - 24/07/2019 08:09

Originally Posted by Forfoot30
Nigel I'm the chap who spoke to you on the phone in regards to forging but now you've spun me into contemplating buying yours

Hi - nice to chat to you on Saturday

As discussed - you're welcome to come and have a look at my car - I think you'll find that the biggest difference between mine and yours (apart from the extra top-end shove of the bigger turbo) is the fact that mine has had the benefit of fifteen years of "sorting" - there are virtually no mechanical or running niggles - just a few "minor characteristics!"

I think you'll also be surprised at the chassis - I have spent a LOT of time making sure that the power can be used properly

Let me know if you're up for a ride - bring your own sick bag... wink

Re: Coupe on Officially Gassed - 24/07/2019 14:27

Yeah sounds I'll give you a call more towards the weekend to arrange to come and view trying a no start issue mine at the mo seem to have lost all power to my coil packs

Re: Coupe on Officially Gassed - 24/07/2019 14:56

Originally Posted by Forfoot30
seem to have lost all power to my coil packs

Check the earth under the coilpack cover (five leads into a single connector) - the wires can sometimes come loose in the connector. If not, I'd suspect the ECU
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK