Fiat Coupe Club UK

Car Covers

Posted By: respace

Car Covers - 19/07/2019 10:46

Can anyone recommend a good car cover (outdoor)? Autocar seem to be recommending Halfrauds which seems a little unlikely seeing how cheap it is, sponsored product placement?
Posted By: G_Man

Re: Car Covers - 19/07/2019 11:16

Hi there - check out the following post from 2017 to give you some ideas:

https://www.fiatcoupeclub.org/forum...rue/car-cover-recommendation#Post1611460

Like you I was sceptical about Halfords but I found it was spot on for my requirements and for the price. The medium was a good fit and yes it's not tailored etc etc but it kept the car bone dry when the coupe was SORN. Make sure you thoroughly wash the car and dry before putting the cover on. Didn't use it last year as it's a daily driver but may SORN again this winter as a mate has offered up his garage space being an armchair coupe enthusiast smile
Posted By: PeteP

Re: Car Covers - 19/07/2019 13:55

Halfords have changed the design of their covers, they now have a nasty plastic top section. There may be some old stock out there in some branches.

I have used a couple of earlier ones in the past, they are good but not cat scratch proof.

Re: Car Covers - 27/07/2019 11:19

Thanks for all the replies, mine has had a respray at some point, I've no idea of the quality but it looks great, reading the reviews there are concerns that covers may damage paintwork, is there any merit in having a soft indoor cover under an outdoor one?
Posted By: OnlyItalian

Re: Car Covers - 27/07/2019 14:05

I bought a couple of the more expensive Halfords covers a couple of months ago. Nice and soft on the inside and I'm happy with them.

Re: Car Covers - 27/07/2019 18:25

They are recommend and much cheaper than the tailored ones, what size did you have? Looks like medium.
Posted By: PeteP

Re: Car Covers - 27/07/2019 19:02

Yes, it's medium that fit the coupe.
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK