Fiat Coupe Club UK

My new Coupe

Posted By: Anonymous

My new Coupe - 25/07/2019 11:13

Having looked at a few coupés I am delighted to have found my new coupe, purchased from Bill from Bucks advertised on this forum. portofino blue 20vt. Detail for those interested can be seen in the advert section. I will be fitting a new timing belt and auxiliary belt immeadiately, there the current belts have seen little mileage I just want to take a belt and braces approach it.

Should I also have a water pump at the same time?

Looking forward to cherishing this lovely coupe as much as the previous owner has for the past 21 years.
Posted By: magooagain

Re: My new Coupe - 25/07/2019 21:28

Ah well done,I'd hoped you would go for it as it looks very smart.
Yes changing the water pump is the norm when doing the cam belt etc and make sure you change the tensioner pulleys with the Aux belts.

Best of luck with it.

Re: My new Coupe - 26/07/2019 09:28

Thank you, I hadn’t realised that tensioner pulleys also is wise to change, I will be sure to have the, done as well. Looking forward to enjoying the car, although it will be weekends on fine days only.
Posted By: Master_Mariner

Re: My new Coupe - 29/07/2019 14:44

Congrats Bayliss,

Sounds like a nice car- is it your first coupe?

There is a East Anglia group- btw. BBR is always energetic about trying to meet up-and we need to try and do something before summer is gone.

Be great to hear how you find things with your new car!

Regards

MM

Re: My new Coupe - 29/07/2019 14:55

Thanks Master-Mariner, yes this is my first Coupe. I first had the itch to buy about 12-15 years back but other things then took priority. The itch resurfaced and here I am looking forward to Wednesday.
Good to know that a local group exists and hope to meet other coupe owners soon.

Re: My new Coupe - 31/07/2019 20:01

Coupe arrived today courtesy of a vehicle transport business. I’ve booked in for the belt kit to be fitted and taken good advise booking the car in with Power Italia. I believe the business is very well known and respected by this club and wider afield too.
The garage is about 75 miles from my home so fairly fortunate for me. Until the work is done I don’t really want to drive the car, although I suppose I will have to drive it to the garage. Seems the belts were last changed about 12 years ago, but very little mileage since, about 20,000 miles or so.
Posted By: aust_powers

Re: My new Coupe - 01/08/2019 07:52

Hi Bayliss,

I can vouch for Poweritalia, Rog the owner changed the engine in my previous coop and kept it tip top for 5 years, then he did some work on my BMW and fixed something a previous garage had failed to sort out! Very reliable and honest garage.

Good luck!

Re: My new Coupe - 01/08/2019 09:59

Hi Aus-Powers,
Thanks that’s good to know, although I am new to the World of Coupe I have heard nothing but good about Rog garage
Posted By: Mark_S

Re: My new Coupe - 02/08/2019 07:27

Rog is the man for 20VT coops, used him for over 15 years and always tops.
Posted By: Blueboyracer

Re: My new Coupe - 02/08/2019 08:28

Just for balance - I have only had two interactions with him and on both occasions he was dismissive and arrogant so I have never used his services.

Re: My new Coupe - 02/08/2019 08:51

Originally Posted by BBR
Just for balance - I have only had two interactions with him and on both occasions he was dismissive and arrogant so I have never used his services.

My knowledge concerning the Coupe is zero, well other than the fact that I love it of course! So I won’t be getting into any technical discussions. Are there other pro’ Coupe garage services nearby that I could consider that have a excellent reputation?
Posted By: Trappy

Re: My new Coupe - 02/08/2019 09:57

Originally Posted by BBR

I suspect it's the 16v...
Posted By: Trappy

Re: My new Coupe - 02/08/2019 10:04

Originally Posted by bayliss
Originally Posted by BBR

My knowledge concerning the Coupe is zero, well other than the fact that I love it of course! So I won’t be getting into any technical discussions. Are there other pro’ Coupe garage services nearby that I could consider that have a excellent reputation?

I've been taking my Coupé (and a few other cars) to Rog for 15 years too. He's only round the corner from me which has been a life-saver on many occasions!

It's not like the good old days when you'd see seven Coupés parked up outside and bump into forum members while waiting but he will still look after your coop, especially as it's a 20v Turbo model. He's not keen on the 16v's - I'll let him explain why laugh

Re: My new Coupe - 02/08/2019 10:29

Rog will be doing his ‘laying on of hands’ to my newly acquired coupe later this month, all booked in. Cambelt kit and replace the CHOD with a nice new ‘Viper’ silicone jobbie. Resist using my coupe until this work is done, I’ve had loads of different cars from different era’s over the past 15 or so years and yet the coupe is really already special to me and I find myself really drawn to it.
This is not simply ‘new car syndrome’ it’s a very strange feeling of attachment, already.
Posted By: jimboy

Re: My new Coupe - 02/08/2019 12:55

Aye Bayliss, I know exactly what you mean by being more that a bit attached to your Coop, myself & other Coopsters will echo that... cool I've caught myself on many occasion once parked up I look back & think to myself that beastie belongs to me. Front or back looks the bollocks to me. No other car that I've owned has grabbed me in such a way. I'm a black & white kind of person, either something is right or wrong or I know exactly why something is the way it should be, but in the case of my Coop, I can't give a proper answer as to why I'm so attached to my Coop..... chinny
Posted By: magooagain

Re: My new Coupe - 02/08/2019 13:13

You are in good hands with Roger,but I also understand what BBR is saying also but to be fair I've only dealt with him on a couple of occasions.
It may be prudent to ask Roger to give the car a health check also,if you haven't all ready. You may want to give him advanced notice of the health check.
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK