Fiat Coupe Club UK

Performance exhaust systems

Posted By: Anonymous

Performance exhaust systems - 04/09/2019 10:11

I've been considering swapping out my standard exhaust for a nice performance system. I knew that Supersprint used to make it for the coupe, does anyone know of any other good brands that still make the exhaust for the coupe?
Posted By: G_Man

Re: Performance exhaust systems - 04/09/2019 10:13

Hi Nosedive - 16v or 20v? Turbo or n/a?
Posted By: OnlyItalian

Re: Performance exhaust systems - 04/09/2019 14:28

I'm sure Ragazzon will do systems for all variations. I bought one for the VIS from Balance Motorsport. Very nice bit of kit that even the fitters commented on.

Re: Performance exhaust systems - 04/09/2019 16:09

I have a Bluefame stainless one one that was second hand when I got it years ago and it's still going strong.
Pity the engine let go mind smile
Posted By: Rob40

Re: Performance exhaust systems - 04/09/2019 20:39

Cybox still available, have one on my VT6. Also do a decat pipe if needed.
Posted By: Grigio

Re: Performance exhaust systems - 05/09/2019 00:00

Ragazzon aren't cheap. I've asked Cybox if they'll freight to Oz. Toyosports, a seller on Ebay has a coupe system, anyone know if they're any good? https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/STAINLES...-0-20v-TURBO-OR-NON-TURBO-/400299701986. I've asked them if they'll freight to Oz.
Posted By: Blueboyracer

Re: Performance exhaust systems - 05/09/2019 06:07

anyone know if they're any good?

I have this on my 20vt and it sounds great - not too loud - but definitely enough to let people know you are there - gets even better when hot
My 20vt still has the cat too :-)
Posted By: Danlar

Re: Performance exhaust systems - 05/09/2019 07:36

Originally Posted by Grigio
Ragazzon aren't cheap. I've asked Cybox if they'll freight to Oz. Toyosports, a seller on Ebay has a coupe system, anyone know if they're any good? https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/STAINLES...-0-20v-TURBO-OR-NON-TURBO-/400299701986. I've asked them if they'll freight to Oz.

Fitted one to my 20vt last week. Agreed not too loud but nice deep sound. Beware the tail pipe is 4 inches wide and very much looks it ....!

Re: Performance exhaust systems - 05/09/2019 12:13

20vt

Re: Performance exhaust systems - 05/09/2019 22:14

G'day Danlar,
What do you mean by this?

Originally Posted by Danlar
Beware the tail pipe is 4 inches wide and very much looks it ....!

Does it look out of place? Is it difficult to fit?

They'll freight to Oz for 105 quid.

Re: Performance exhaust systems - 06/09/2019 05:36

It does look big at the bumper but not out of place - but is a direct home fit in 30 minutes max

Re: Performance exhaust systems - 06/09/2019 09:50

I’m a newbi so likely off piste here, but I’m sure that I read somewhere that a large bore exhaust tip could burn / damage the bumper lip ?

Re: Performance exhaust systems - 06/09/2019 09:59

Originally Posted by bayliss
I’m a newbi so likely off piste here, but I’m sure that I read somewhere that a large bore exhaust tip could burn / damage the bumper lip ?

A good point - this particular cat back system is the same bore as the rest of the original system, but with a larger outer skin at the bumper area.

Re: Performance exhaust systems - 06/09/2019 11:10

^^^^
Cheers, thought it was worth asking.
Posted By: PeteP

Re: Performance exhaust systems - 06/09/2019 11:46

Originally Posted by bayliss

I have had a Cybox system with a large (4"?) tailpipe on for 14 years. No problem with melting the bumper:

That usually happens when the tip rots and falls off so that hot gasses hit the bumper directly.
Posted By: Danlar

Re: Performance exhaust systems - 06/09/2019 13:11

[quote=Grigio]G'day Danlar,
What do you mean ?

Does it look out of place? Is it difficult to fit?

Dead easy to fit.....have a look at mine.

Attached picture F249E4F9-C03C-44E5-B215-55C07E579B3A.jpeg
Posted By: ScouseCoupe

Re: Performance exhaust systems - 11/09/2019 20:28

I have this also, changed the overweight original cat as well and fitted a lighter slimmer cat at the same timel. I offered £138 I think and was accepted. DaveG also has one and cheaper again.
Posted By: DaveG

Re: Performance exhaust systems - 11/09/2019 21:26

Yes I have a Toyosport system on my Plus, but needed to fit a sleeve around the cat outlet pipe for the centre pipe inlet to fit around, using a band clamp too. A good price and well made, but you may need to faff around a bit for a proper fit, not sure why they don't make the centre inlet pipe the correct smaller diameter to match the OE cat outlet?

Re: Performance exhaust systems - 11/09/2019 21:46

I didn’t have that issue DaveG and I have an original cat still on
Posted By: DaveG

Re: Performance exhaust systems - 11/09/2019 22:18

Hmmm strange, I have a spare OE cat from my Porto 20vt and it's the same small diameter outlet as the OE cat on the Plus? Maybe the problem was the Toyosport centre pipe after all?
Posted By: jonnyboy54321

Re: Performance exhaust systems - 12/09/2019 07:06

Interesting this as it came up in conversation twice this week.
A milltek catback I hat was 2.5" diameter. But a powerflow full system was 2.25" diameter, it came to me with a cat and downpipe, the rear of the cat had been sleeved with a welded on reducer to take it down to the 2.25"

Re: Performance exhaust systems - 12/09/2019 07:10

Seems it could be either I guess - although you would imagine OE parts would need to conform to a single spec
Posted By: Vinnytgm

Re: Performance exhaust systems - 12/09/2019 22:01

I recently fitted a Ragazzon cat back to my 20vt.

I think it looks the job and sounds great.

Attached picture 20190912_223439.jpg
Attached picture 20190912_223509.jpg
Posted By: jimboy

Re: Performance exhaust systems - 13/09/2019 05:48

That's a smart looking sprinty you've got there Vinny.... cool
Posted By: Vinnytgm

Re: Performance exhaust systems - 13/09/2019 23:54

Thanks Jimboy! I've only been able to enjoy it again in the last few days after I had it inside for the last few months where I was doing a lot work on it!

Re: Performance exhaust systems - 14/09/2019 06:39

Originally Posted by ScouseCoupe
I offered £138 I think and was accepted. DaveG also has one and cheaper again.

I could't make an offer because he didn't have Oz as a freight option. I finally got sent a link that I could "buy it now" and the freight came up as 60 quid, which I was stoked about as he'd quoted me 105. I got an email the next day saying the freight wasn't enough and he sent me Paypal invoice for a further 38 quid. I could have argued and not bought it, but I have no local options for a stainless exhaust. So by the time I've paid the 10% GST on it I'll have outlaid almost $500 aud, but it's currently in transit at Charles De Gaul, so I'll just have to wait 2 weeks for it to turn up.
Posted By: jonnyboy54321

Re: Performance exhaust systems - 14/09/2019 10:42

Interesting that the toyo one is 2.25" according to ebay

Re: Performance exhaust systems - 19/09/2019 04:39

[I'll just have to wait 2 weeks for it to turn up.

I ordered it on the 13th and it arrived yesterday, the 18th, it takes longer to get a letter from mainland Australia.

Re: Performance exhaust systems - 20/09/2019 07:55

Thanks guys, I ended up ordering the Ragazzon kit from Gazzella Racing
Posted By: RusH

Re: Performance exhaust systems - 20/09/2019 08:19

Do you have to cut the bumper on the Ragazon exhaust?

Im sure (if i can re-call correctly having owned one) that you needed to cut the bumper to get it sitting right.

Re: Performance exhaust systems - 20/09/2019 08:57

Not sure yet, waiting for it to arrive. Hopefully not

Re: Performance exhaust systems - 21/09/2019 04:37

Originally Posted by DaveG
Yes I have a Toyosport system on my Plus, but needed to fit a sleeve around the cat outlet pipe for the centre pipe inlet to fit around, using a band clamp too. A good price and well made, but you may need to faff around a bit for a proper fit, not sure why they don't make the centre inlet pipe the correct smaller diameter to match the OE cat outlet?

I fitted mine yesterday, and had to sleeve the outlet from the cat. The rear muffler outlet doesn't sit quite right in the bumper cutout, and no amount of playing around got it to where I was happy. I'll take it to work next week and bend the stainless rods used for the rear mount to get it to sit a bit better. It took me quite a while to fit, and besides the outlet position I'm very happy with it. Considering I could see straight through the rear muffler and the centre muffler is deleted I was concerned it would be too loud, and was surprised that it isn't. A low rumble at idle and lovely sound through the revs. Cruising it's unobtrusive and with the windows up the road noise from the tyres is louder. My seat of the pants dyno says it pulls harder as well.
Posted By: sebasteeno

Re: Performance exhaust systems - 22/09/2019 19:58

I own an Alfa 155 with a 20VT conversion - ive just added a 3" straight through from downpipe with a small sportcat and all i can say is the noise is epic - like supercar epic! Ignore the smoke - this was the first time run with the new exhaust which came off a failed engine car

https://vimeo.com/user103158569/review/361669645/491f697fa1
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK