Fiat Coupe Club UK

Respray quality

Posted By: respace

Respray quality - 06/09/2019 07:46

I've brought a cover to protect the coop from bird droppings etc failing from a nearby tree. I've not got round to fitting it yet, it says the car should be dry and waxed prior to fitting and also it shouldn't be fitted to poor quality resprays. I assume it will stick/lift paint if poorly attached but how can you tell the quality of a respray/paint?
Mine has been resprayed at some point, it looks great but......it is a coop!
Posted By: Blueboyracer

Re: Respray quality - 06/09/2019 08:13

My father in law doesn't like car covers at all and told me that I should wash and properly wax the car prior to putting my car cover on.
I got totally paranoid so I lifted it every few weeks and wiped the car down each time to make sure nothing was going wrong with the paintwork.
Posted By: respace

Re: Respray quality - 06/09/2019 09:10

I think that's all you need to hear! Coop paranoia and bad weather has prevented me putting it on but the birds are using it as target practice!
Posted By: Submariner

Re: Respray quality - 06/09/2019 13:08

Good chance if it has had a 'bad' respray you will find out as you could well get micro blistering from using a cover, I would not ever use a cover outdoors, better to wash and wax frequently or rent a garage (I have for my GTV V6 as I have run out of garage space) but my Coupe is outside and has been for 16 years, wash every week rain or shine (wax, detail etc as and when) and it still looks good. At least the cover instructions explain that it can cause damage as many people don't realise i.e if your car is wet (freeze thaw and build up of water/moisture even if labelled 'breatheable', or if it has dirt/dust it will rub like wet and dry against the paintwork when the cover moves in the wind etc.
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK