Fiat Coupe Club UK

Southern Spain here we come!

Posted By: Anonymous

Southern Spain here we come! - 07/10/2019 07:42

Hello,

Just on the Eurotunnel starting out on our journey in the coupe to southern Spain smile

Maybe we will spot another Coupe en route smile

Attached picture C05A085E-479C-40EA-B9D0-86F1FB7B27E2.jpeg
Posted By: G_Man

Re: Southern Spain here we come! - 07/10/2019 13:16

Have a good and safe journey MC and take some iconic coupe pics and post em up smile
Posted By: Master_Mariner

Re: Southern Spain here we come! - 07/10/2019 13:46

Let us know how it goes- always great to see a Coupe in the sun!

Best regards

MM
Posted By: Edinburgh

Re: Southern Spain here we come! - 07/10/2019 22:37

What an adventure cool

Safe driving and good luck coupe spotting - all the ones I've abroad recently have been abandoned wrecks frown
Posted By: PeteP

Re: Southern Spain here we come! - 08/10/2019 15:04

In all the years I have been visiting southern Spain I have only ever seen 1 coupe and that one was in use but battered half to death.

Re: Southern Spain here we come! - 10/10/2019 19:37

Cheers for the comments:).

Stayed in Annecy the first night, Collioure the second, Benicassim last night and arrived near to Mojacar today. I think it’s been about 1,650 miles so far. The car has been behaving very well. A few fluid top ups but nothing else. smile

Attached picture 07DDF9EC-F819-484F-9268-A6D96D0DF55D.jpeg

Re: Southern Spain here we come! - 10/10/2019 19:39

Unfortunately the first stop overs we were in pedestrian areas so the car was in a car park without a glamorous back drop! Hoping to remedy that on the return journey smile
Posted By: Begbie

Re: Southern Spain here we come! - 11/10/2019 10:17

Originally Posted by Merlin_Cat

Stayed in Annecy the first night, Collioure the second, Benicassim last night and arrived near to Mojacar today. I think it’s been about 1,650 miles so far. The car has been behaving very well. A few fluid top ups but nothing else. smile

Mojar is quite nice. Nice road along the sea front. My in-laws live in Bedar and the road up to is quite a fun road. Would be ideal to be closed and used as a hill climb road smile

Re: Southern Spain here we come! - 14/10/2019 21:15

I was on Vera Playa today, planning to drive along the front through Garrucha to Mojacar. However, sadly I had a big puddle of antifreeze beneath the car frown. I couldn’t see where it’s coming from from above, and the belly pan is hiding it from below.

Booked into a local garage tomorrow so hopefully when it’s on ramps we can spot an easy fix!
Posted By: Master_Mariner

Re: Southern Spain here we come! - 15/10/2019 12:45

Fingers firmly crossed for you this end.

Hoping its a minor and easily resolved issue?

Hose needs tightening etc.

Regards

MM

Re: Southern Spain here we come! - 15/10/2019 20:05

Cheers. I’ve driven the car 20 mins back to the house tonight. Leaked coolant but temps ok. I could see sort of where the leak was coming from but too many hoses in the way to get my hands to. Booked in local garage tomorrow:)

Re: Southern Spain here we come! - 15/10/2019 23:10

Good news.

Once they get it on the ramps and whisk off the undertray they'll spot the source. Make sure they put the tray back on securely though, even if with cable ties - very easy to work loose. They may well find some of the bolts seized frown
Posted By: jonnyboy54321

Re: Southern Spain here we come! - 17/10/2019 07:08

Annecy is a lovely place, great choice, enjoy your trip
Posted By: G_Man

Re: Southern Spain here we come! - 18/10/2019 16:00

Cheers. I’ve driven the car 20 mins back to the house tonight. Leaked coolant but temps ok. I could see sort of where the leak was coming from but too many hoses in the way to get my hands to. Booked in local garage tomorrow:)

Any update MC?

Re: Southern Spain here we come! - 19/10/2019 21:25

Mechanic was braver than me at taking off air intake hoses! Once they were off a small jet of coolant was visible. The mechanic made up the split hose from a bit he had. Not original Fiat.
Took it for a spin today and all ok. Starting 1500 m I’lle return journey tomorrow morning so fingers crossed smile

First job back in UK is to change all hose I think!

This was today in Mojacar Playa smile

Attached picture 924EC1BC-1C91-4E49-B04F-567AB96ECF0B.jpeg

Re: Southern Spain here we come! - 19/10/2019 21:39

Good result - happy motoring!

Re: Southern Spain here we come! - 21/10/2019 18:18

Thanks smile

Re: Southern Spain here we come! - 21/10/2019 18:20

Last night in Peniscola and tonight in St Flour France. New coolant hose holding up well, though shock absorber spring a leak today!!

Maybe getting a garage to look tomorrow.
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK