Fiat Coupe Club UK

Can anyone recommend an SE garage for a project?

Posted By: Punto16VT

Can anyone recommend an SE garage for a project? - 05/11/2019 11:13

Hi all,

I have (yet another) problem. My favourite Sprint Blue 20VT is "hors de combat" and looking rather sad too. I also have a "spares" Sprint Blue VT6 in a council garage. The latter is missing various bits (passenger door, cambelt failed engine etc.) which has much better lacquer and paintwork, plus tan interior leather. I'm no longer of an age to be able to do the work myself, but would prefer somewhere that I can oversee the project work. I also have a lot of additions to go on whichever chassis is selected, including requiring paintwork and lacquering.

My favourite garage, NBA Sportscars, can no longer complete the other project (re-shelling my Mk1 Punto GT with 16VT drivetrain) due to the prime mechanic's only partial recovery from an accident. I would therefore welcome any recommendations as to a (relatively) local to Guildford garage who are known to be good with Coupe projects of similar nature.

TIA for any helpful advice
Posted By: andyps

Re: Can anyone recommend an SE garage for a project? - 05/11/2019 11:22

Not local I know but FCSS are ideal for a project such as this - Joe knows what he is doing and doesn't need overseeing!!

Re: Can anyone recommend an SE garage for a project? - 05/11/2019 11:33

Hi Andy, thanks anyway,

yes, I'm aware of FCSS, I will also check in with them (they're away until Nov. 6th) if no other suitable recommendations surface. I'd really prefer something a little closer, as I always forget something that needs to be added/included and postal delivery is a pain. rolleyes

Cheers
Posted By: Master_Mariner

Re: Can anyone recommend an SE garage for a project? - 05/11/2019 15:27

There is Poweritalia in Essex. And Motomech in Birmigham. All three are pretty equ-distance to you I think.

And all 3 are trusted by the forum as coupe devotees.

I've used fcss for a few years now - and you don't need to project manage him!

Hope that's of use

MM

Re: Can anyone recommend an SE garage for a project? - 05/11/2019 16:29

Thanks MM, the list is adding up now.

It's not so much I need to project manage anyone, just to check on progress occasionally, and if I have/find/get other bits to deliver.
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK