Fiat Coupe Club UK

MOT failure (only just!)

Posted By: respace

MOT failure (only just!) - 05/02/2020 15:48

Mine has just failed it's MOT because the passenger door wouldn't open from the inside, no big deal and I've fixed it already. To be honest I was waiting for some decent weather to fix it and I'd forgotten about it. It's got me thinking about child locks, our disabled son needs them and although it's a 'deprivation of his liberty' it's in his best interests to be secure in the car rather than being able to jump out whenever he feels like it.
So do you have to disable child locks for an MOT?
Posted By: Edinburgh

Re: MOT failure (only just!) - 05/02/2020 16:32

Don't know about the MOT question but good result in the end in a car this age, and full respect to you in your parental role smile
Posted By: respace

Re: MOT failure (only just!) - 05/02/2020 17:35

Thanks, I was mightily surprised that it was just something so simple. It's the first MOT in my ownership so a credit to it's former owners.
Posted By: acc67

Re: MOT failure (only just!) - 05/02/2020 19:07

For a mot as far as I remember front doors have to open from inside and outside, rear doors only have to open from the insidr
Posted By: acc67

Re: MOT failure (only just!) - 05/02/2020 19:07

For a mot as far as I remember front doors have to open from inside and outside, rear doors only have to open from the inside
Posted By: Trappy

Re: MOT failure (only just!) - 06/02/2020 12:41

I just spent over 1,800 quid getting mine through it's MOT cry
Posted By: Countrycruising

Re: MOT failure (only just!) - 06/02/2020 16:17

Originally Posted by Trappy
I just spent over 1,800 quid getting mine through it's MOT cry

That's a few quid, I thought yours was well together, what was needed?
Posted By: Trappy

Re: MOT failure (only just!) - 21/02/2020 12:45

Two rear trailing arms. I did call you after re-furbed items but you didn't have them in stock.
Nearside Rear Suspension arm pin or bush excessively worn (5.3.4 (a) (i))
Offside Rear Suspension arm pin or bush worn but not resulting in excessive movement (5.3.4 (a) (i))

Fair bit of welding on the front inner wings
Offside Front Integral body structure corroded to the extent that the rigidity of the assembly is significantly reduced inner wing (6.1.1 (c) (i))
Nearside Front Integral body structure is corroded but structural rigidity is not significantly reduced inner wing (6.1.1 (c) (i))

I also had the headlights re-furbed as it wouldn't have passed in the start they were in.

Air-bag reset... erm... oh, the spring in the front nearside coilover was fractured so I had replacements both sides on the front. Few other little bits Rog picked up on routine check too. Sparks plugs were choked with soot. Suspect it's running rich off boost due to big injectors. Something I need to look into.

I'm just getting everything done this year. I've started writing up notes for a project thread on here smile In fact, I hear you do some good refurbishment work so I intend to take a trip up to you at some point thumb
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK