Fiat Coupe Club UK

Alternative parts other brands

Posted By: Henklia

Alternative parts other brands - 15/03/2020 10:04

Hi,
Perhaps it has come up before , but is there a list of parts from other car brands that can be used in the coupe?
I stumbled across such a list browsing through other car forums. These Alternative parts are often cheaper and easier to source. Parts for the coupe are increasingly harder to find and rapidly becoming more expensive. Would it be possible to create a sub forum / section where all these alternatives are listed?
As an example I seem to remember that there is a perfect alternative from citroen for the rear numberplate lights. But I cannot find it on the Forum. Perhaps I did not look in the right section, my apologies.
Regards,
Henk
Posted By: Edinburgh

Re: Alternative parts other brands - 15/03/2020 16:29

Here's one for a start - avoid Birth parts, especially rear wheel bearings
Posted By: Submariner

Re: Alternative parts other brands - 15/03/2020 17:12

Yep I thought they were ok until I saw my top mounts after 3K miles......horrendous
Posted By: ScouseCoupe

Re: Alternative parts other brands - 15/03/2020 18:24

Originally Posted by Henklia

As an example I seem to remember that there is a perfect alternative from citroen for the rear numberplate lights. But I cannot find it on the Forum. Perhaps I did not look in the right section, my apologies.
Regards,
Henk

[quote=Henklia]

Peugeot Boxer van number plate light enclosures. Same parts shared with a Fiat Ducato.

Posted By: barnacle

Re: Alternative parts other brands - 15/03/2020 19:14

Some time ago I started such a list: https://www.fiatcoupeclub.org/forum...6/fiat-16v-replacement-parts#Post1509606

Feel free to add to it.

Neil
Posted By: G_Man

Re: Alternative parts other brands - 15/03/2020 20:13

And another..

https://www.fiatcoupeclub.org/forum/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/1632921

smile
Posted By: Henklia

Re: Alternative parts other brands - 16/03/2020 08:52

This is exactly what I mean, they are not in one place. If all these alternatives could be listed, for example in the how to section, it will prevent a lot of unnecessary queries At least for me it would.....
Posted By: barnacle

Re: Alternative parts other brands - 16/03/2020 17:25

Added your reference to mine, G_man. Don't know why I didn't do it when I posted on it smile

Neil
Posted By: PeteP

Re: Alternative parts other brands - 16/03/2020 18:04

I have made the thread a sticky on the Basic FAQ forum so it is easier to find.

Here it is.

That area is not available for all to post on so please let a mod or admin know if you have something you would like added.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Alternative parts other brands - 31/03/2020 16:08

Thanks, this is great! I was wondering about the availability of parts worldwide, especially since I was thinking of laying my hands on one of these houses in Greece next year; but now that I know that there are alternatives, I feel better about my plans!
Posted By: neil_r

Re: Alternative parts other brands - 01/04/2020 12:16

In German but easy to use: https://www.daparto.de/

Enter the OE part number or any part number in the search box and see if you get any options of which you were not aware. Sometimes helpful.
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK