Fiat Coupe Club UK

I'm back! Hello from New Zealand.

Posted By: Anonymous

I'm back! Hello from New Zealand. - 08/04/2020 01:35

It's been a good few years since I've been on here, and even longer since I've owned a Coupe.
I've owned eight Coupes (mostly 20VT, LE.20), my first being a Yellow 16VT thirteen years ago, back in the UK. I have since lived in Australia and now find myself in New Zealand. Having looked long and hard over the last year, I finally landed a 2000 Pearl White Plus with 95,000kms on the clock!
It's soooo good to be back!

Attached picture IMG_20200407_153834.jpg
Posted By: Possum

Re: I'm back! Hello from New Zealand. - 08/04/2020 01:49

Welcome back Dan, hope you are enjoying "lockdown" like the rest of us. It appear that NZ is doing ok because of all the government imposed restrictions.

Notice your new Coupe has headlight washers. The replacement bonnet I got for mine from NZ several years ago also had washers. The panel shop had to fill the holes, of course.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: I'm back! Hello from New Zealand. - 08/04/2020 02:03

Thanks. I'm certainly getting cabin fever but it's worth it to keep the country safe. Yeah we went into full lockdown with only a few hundred cases, very early compared with other countries. Nothing open except supermarkets and pharmacies for the last 2 weeks now, and our cases seem to be dropping.

Yes it does, you'll also notice the rectangular side repeaters as it's a Japan car. I think all Japan cars had headlight washers, I'm not sure if NZ new cars did.
Posted By: Possum

Re: I'm back! Hello from New Zealand. - 08/04/2020 04:40

Ah yes, have now noticed the "Japanese" side repeaters. There is also a yellow one here in Brisbane which was originally imported through Perth, WA.

There was a 2000 Pearl White here in Brisbane but have not heard of it for a while. Originally, I believe it came from a dealer in NZ.
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK