Fiat Coupe Club UK

2022 Fiat Coupe Tribute Study by Italian designer

Posted By: JKD

2022 Fiat Coupe Tribute Study by Italian designer - 30/04/2020 14:54

https://www.carscoops.com/2020/04/h...tudy-as-a-successor-to-bangles-original/
Posted By: Nigel

Re: 2022 Fiat Coupe Tribute Study by Italian designer - 30/04/2020 15:53

Look carefully and you'll see that a fair bit of observation of the original has gone into those renders - its not just the wheelarch slashes and rear lights - there are loads of little tell-tale design cues that have carried over

Clever

It'll never happen.... :-(
Posted By: Submariner

Re: 2022 Fiat Coupe Tribute Study by Italian designer - 30/04/2020 17:20

Love the rear and the profile. good to see the black sills; front looks a bit too 'American' for me.
Posted By: magooagain

Re: 2022 Fiat Coupe Tribute Study by Italian designer - 30/04/2020 18:39

There's another article I've seen showing three different coupe future choices in recent days on FB.
This one is the one I posted up last week on Fccuk FB page. I like it apart from the wheels.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: 2022 Fiat Coupe Tribute Study by Italian designer - 30/04/2020 22:40

Other than spotting the carry over details, I’m sorry but to my eyes it looks like a bloated pig. I much prefer the litheness of lines of the real car which portrays an expected and delivered nimble driving experience. The renditions of the update suggest the opposite to me.

Re: 2022 Fiat Coupe Tribute Study by Italian designer - 30/04/2020 23:03

Originally Posted by bayliss
Other than spotting the carry over details, I’m sorry but to my eyes it looks like a bloated pig. I much prefer the litheness of lines of the real car which portrays an expected and delivered nimble driving experience. The renditions of the update suggest the opposite to me.

A common forum observation about the Coop is that it is quite a small car in comparison to modern cars. Maybe the 'bloated' look of this design is to bring it more in line with the generally bigger size of modern cars?
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: 2022 Fiat Coupe Tribute Study by Italian designer - 01/05/2020 10:08

Originally Posted by JKD
Originally Posted by bayliss

A common forum observation about the Coop is that it is quite a small car in comparison to modern cars. Maybe the 'bloated' look of this design is to bring it more in line with the generally bigger size of modern cars?

That’s a fair comment and I agree that cars are now of much larger proportions now, thanks to all the protection technology and general fashion. Not a bad thing, but I just don’t see the design being hustled down a typical country road.

I shall come back to it in a few weeks or months and see if the shock for me has worn off, like a bit of music it’s possible it may grow on me.
Posted By: Gripped

Re: 2022 Fiat Coupe Tribute Study by Italian designer - 01/05/2020 10:58

I'd have one. Looks mean and enough like the original to be attractive. But of course it's just a concept.

Re: 2022 Fiat Coupe Tribute Study by Italian designer - 01/05/2020 12:56

The problem with concept cars...

Nice! love
click to enlarge

Oh no...
click to enlarge

Nice! love
click to enlarge

Oh no!
click to enlarge

Nice! love
click to enlarge

WHAT THE FACK!?!
click to enlarge
Posted By: 1st_things_1st

Re: 2022 Fiat Coupe Tribute Study by Italian designer - 01/05/2020 13:29

Great find! Thanks!

I likey. A nice tribute like the FIAT 500 nodding to the original. The only bit I don't like (and not too fussed about on our cars) is the multiple holes in the front bumper. It needs less otherwise it is too fussy.

To be a proper tribute it needs 16 inch wheels and make sure they don't fill the arches. biglaugh

It would have to have 300 bhp for modern markets. As said it would definitely weigh much more and be bigger. Modern crash regs and all that.

If they made it in carbon fibre it would weigh less on the road and much more in your pocket. laugh

Re: 2022 Fiat Coupe Tribute Study by Italian designer - 01/05/2020 13:42

Originally Posted by 1st_things_1st
To be a proper tribute it needs 16 inch wheels and make sure they don't fill the arches. biglaugh

And then they could combine all these sorts of little quirks with the Coop tradition of having several special editions. Like maybe have a Circle Edition, where you know, the car actually has no proper turning circle. And then later on a Handbrake Edition which comes with an extra heavy bonnet that's guaranteed to break your hand when it falls on it.
Posted By: Gripped

Re: 2022 Fiat Coupe Tribute Study by Italian designer - 01/05/2020 21:31

I guess they'd have the 2 litre turbo from the Alfa Giulia which has 280bhp, so that could be ideal....... Or they could fit the 2.9V6 from the QV.... 510bhp anyone?
Posted By: Dazvr6

Re: 2022 Fiat Coupe Tribute Study by Italian designer - 04/05/2020 11:38

I like it! I'll take one in vinci grey with carbon sills please.
Posted By: HannerManor58

Re: 2022 Fiat Coupe Tribute Study by Italian designer - 01/06/2020 22:01

I popped the guy an email, very nice chap. Big coupe fan
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK