Fiat Coupe Club UK

I'm Back / Accident Damage, very impressed

Posted By: JLow75

I'm Back / Accident Damage, very impressed - 20/06/2020 00:40

Hi Everyone,

Not been on here much for a long time, had significant family issues that has taken up most of my time in the past two years, then COVID-19, think my Coupe has done 800 miles in the the last two years! frown

Anyway, I'm back in action smile & have done (and in progress of) doing work again on the Coupe ready for another road trip, including new Radiator, different new coolant expansion tank project & a total refurb of the rear brakes - will post these in different threads later on.

Anyway, in 2018 I reversed into a post at a garage! the impact didn't 'feel' that bad, but when I got out I was shocked, as you can see it knocked the n/s rear quarter in, right on the corner & stuffed the bumper too

click to enlarge
click to enlarge

So it was decision time - insurance or private repair - well the Insurance would have written it off I imagine?, then the hassle of going through the salvage retention, buying it back & still having to get it sorted, so I decided to go down the private repair route - I was recommended a local place - they are actually an Insurance approved Mercedes repair body shop, but they do 'work on the side' too, as I needed other body work done as well, I decided to get it done privately. So I gave them the car, a replacement bumper & the paint code & this was the result!

click to enlarge
click to enlarge
click to enlarge

Whilst they had the colour mixed they also touched up a few deep scratches, finally the gave it a full cut & mop.

Naturally I was delighted with the results - and even more delighted with the £500 they charged me all in!

They are still in business & have just re-opened, so I am going to get them to re-spray the bonnet smile
Posted By: Countrycruising

Re: I'm Back / Accident Damage, very impressed - 20/06/2020 10:13

Welcome back, tidy repair, and an even tidier price thumb
Posted By: Master_Mariner

Re: I'm Back / Accident Damage, very impressed - 24/06/2020 11:43

Great result,

Who were the body shop?

What a recommendation!

Glad you kept the faith- the car looks great again!

Regards
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK