Fiat Coupe Club UK

Turbo kick

Posted By: Anonymous

Turbo kick - 22/06/2020 17:14

Hi all. I am new at this forum and want to thank you for allowing me as a member. I own a 20v turbo for years and love it. Green colour and brown upholstery, beautiful. I keep it almost original. For the last years she has become softer, more elastic, good, nice, very fast but she has lost the turbo kick that Makes you to grab the wheel tight at about 3000 rpm....the coupe spirit I guess.
The turbine is almost new and works....but not the same. No engineer have given me a solution yet...possible getting old 175.000 miles , never open engine and well maintained . Thanks and congratulations for you club!
Posted By: Countrycruising

Re: Turbo kick - 23/06/2020 18:05

Do you have a boost gauge fitted to see what pressure the turbo is producing?
Posted By: jimboy

Re: Turbo kick - 23/06/2020 18:30

Hi Salarma, sorry I can’t be any help, but as Joe says having a boost gauge helps. I had my Coop for a run today and the Coops party piece certainly is part of the car you expect.. laugh Slipping into third and pressing the shouty pedal, it certainly blows away any cobwebs and cheers you up no end........ driving
Posted By: Edinburgh

Re: Turbo kick - 23/06/2020 21:22

Originally Posted by jimboy
the Coops party piece certainly is part of the car you expect.. laugh Slipping into third and pressing the shouty pedal, it certainly blows away any cobwebs and cheers you up no end........ driving

This is such a good description Jim laugh
Posted By: Countrycruising

Re: Turbo kick - 23/06/2020 22:05

You've gota love that 3rd gear laugh driving
Posted By: magooagain

Re: Turbo kick - 24/06/2020 06:34

Check all the hoses for any cracks or splits.
Posted By: jimboy

Re: Turbo kick - 24/06/2020 10:18

Some years back I had poor pressure, turned out to be the Doughnut rubbers. Not obvious, but when they were off every one was cracked although not all were leaking. Managed to buy from our local Fiat garage, young chap in the store department did me a deal, I only paid a few quid. I’m sure he liked my patter about the Coop, he new what they were capable of but had never seen one in the flesh. Blathering to the right people can pay off at times. blabla
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK