Fiat Coupe Club UK

New Owner and Project

Posted By: Potenza77

New Owner and Project - 08/07/2020 21:54

Hi All
Just purchased a 1996 16v Turbo as a restoration project.
Always something I have wanted to do and have owned Fiats, Abarth's and currently an Alfa for all my motoring life.
Sadly the previous owner passed away and the car has been sat for 8 years unused but covered on a drive (which I happened to be running past on the day it was uncovered as needed a new cover fitting otherwise I would never have seen her!!)
Lots of history and can see it was much loved previously however has been left to deteriorate.
Bodywork in pretty good condition but expecting some issues underneath but will need a full respray.
Interior looks good and solid.
Plan is to do a full rebuild/repair and bring up to a good standard, keeping it pretty original where possible.
Not got a fixed timescale yet but aiming to do most work myself with some help from a few friends and family.
Great to see some of the projects on the site and have paid my £10 today to join up fully.
Looking forward to learning more about the car and hopefully showing improvements and completion along the way and eventually meeting up at some events (when we are allowed)
Michael

Description: Day of collection
Attached picture IMG_9122.jpg
Posted By: Scuderia

Re: New Owner and Project - 09/07/2020 03:44

Well done! It's good to hear about a 16V turbo. There are not many around.
Posted By: Edinburgh

Re: New Owner and Project - 09/07/2020 06:20

Hi and welcome to the forum smile

A stroke of luck for this to happen and for a comparatively rare beast these days to land in your back yard!

There's a dedicated Coupe Projects section where you can start and log your resto progess, also begin a Discussion thread where others can comment on it - this keeps your original less cluttered.

Will you be able to work on it under cover?
Posted By: Countrycruising

Re: New Owner and Project - 09/07/2020 07:14

Welcome to the fold Michael wave
Posted By: Potenza77

Re: New Owner and Project - 09/07/2020 10:14

Thanks, I'll take a look at the sections and threads.
Yes have a double garage to complete the work in (once I've cleared a bit more rubbish out of it lol)
Posted By: Edinburgh

Re: New Owner and Project - 09/07/2020 10:22

That's terrific - it's always good to have your donor car under cover laugh
Posted By: Master_Mariner

Re: New Owner and Project - 09/07/2020 10:57

Great news,

Welcome on board- and best of luck with your rare find!

It does not look TOO bad at all from the long distance shot of it on the flat bed.

And in the best colour too!

Looking forward to hearing how the project goes.

Regards

MM
Posted By: Possum

Re: New Owner and Project - 09/07/2020 11:35

Congratulations on your purchase and hope all goes well with the restorations.

As my mate from "lockdown" Melbourne wrote: " It's good to hear about a 16V turbo. There are not many around."

You will find there is heaps of knowledge on the Forum and if you are not sure about something, just ask.
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK