Fiat Coupe Club UK

The most anal Coupé attention

Posted By: Edinburgh

The most anal Coupé attention - 14/10/2020 14:35

I have a mate that regularly takes his wheels off and cleans them. (Actually I'm jealous and think it's a really good idea laugh )

I'm often checking for leaves in scuttle panel corners, and recently since I've found out how to do it, spell Coupé with an accent rolleyes laugh (This could go into remission when I get my Coupé back wink )

What do you do? Grease sunroof mechanism? Regular inspection behind 3/4 panels? Polishing coolant hoses?

List your fussinesses below..

Posted By: Trappy

Re: The most anal Coupé attention - 14/10/2020 15:15

I have a 26 tab spreadsheet detailing every conceivable element of my Coupé project that I update on a daily basis. I sit and think of a part I'd like to improve and then spend hours researching it before adding it to my list laugh

This is mainly because I haven't seen my Coupé since May and so can't do anything else with it. It's my Coupé's birthday today too cry

Re: The most anal Coupé attention - 14/10/2020 16:32

Wow! That is dedication shocked

Where is it - FCSS?
Posted By: Countrycruising

Re: The most anal Coupé attention - 14/10/2020 16:36

Don't you two start ganging up on me, one pair of hands here tongue
Posted By: magooagain

Re: The most anal Coupé attention - 14/10/2020 18:23

Originally Posted by Countrycruising

When I finally retire,I'm going to camp/live in a corner of Joe's workshop and help him. He will once again be able to enjoy my French biscuits and once again laugh at my frustration in not being able to find the correct spanner all day.

Then we will be two pairs of hands!

Thank me later Guv!

Re: The most anal Coupé attention - 14/10/2020 19:13

Early retirement Joe? wink
Posted By: Brilly1uk

Re: The most anal Coupé attention - 14/10/2020 19:34

The former owner of my Porto comments whenever my tail pipe isn't shiny!
I suspect it was the only bit of fussiness he really showed the car! tongue

Re: The most anal Coupé attention - 14/10/2020 20:28

[quote=Edinburgh]Early retirement Joe? wink[/quote

Very unlikely Simon.
Posted By: Gripped

Re: The most anal Coupé attention - 14/10/2020 21:03

Originally Posted by magooagain

When I finally retire, I'm going to camp/live in a corner of Joe's workshop and help him.

Hey that was my idea! hehe I make a mean cup of tea too. And Mango says I'm her fav Welsh customer. Other than Morrison.

Re: The most anal Coupé attention - 15/10/2020 10:14

When I finally retire,I'm going to camp/live in a corner of Joe's workshop and help him. He will once again be able to enjoy my French biscuits and once again laugh at my frustration in not being able to find the correct spanner all day.

Thank me later Guv!

Dude don't come here.........

I was going to retire to the corner of your field in my RV wink
Posted By: JKD

Re: The most anal Coupé attention - 15/10/2020 10:30

I just got an image of loads of forum members retiring to Joe's workshop, all sitting around drinking tea and eating exotic biscuits, all wandering around looking for correct spanners and all standing around the office computer chuckling at online scam emails.

With Joe at the head of this community.

Everyone in perfect unison.

A hive mind.

Like the Borg in Star Trek.

Re: The most anal Coupé attention - 15/10/2020 11:13

Originally Posted by JKD
I just got an image of loads of forum members retiring to Joe's workshop, all sitting around drinking tea and eating exotic biscuits, all wandering around looking for correct spanners and all standing around the office computer chuckling at online scam emails.

With Joe at the head of this community.

Everyone in perfect unison.

A hive mind. chinny

Like the Borg in Star Trek.

laugh

coffee smash
coffee banghead
coffee drink

Re: The most anal Coupé attention - 15/10/2020 11:34

Originally Posted by JKD

That describes some of my Saturdays here perfectly, 'they' drink the tea eating the biscuits they brought with them while I'm spannering.

Re: The most anal Coupé attention - 15/10/2020 12:34

G
Thank me later Guv!

Dude don't come here.........

I was going to retire to the corner of your field in my RV wink

Ah ok old chap,just let me know which corner you would like please. Hint!
Chose one at the top of the slope.
Posted By: Master_Mariner

Re: The most anal Coupé attention - 15/10/2020 12:54

Got to be placing a set of counter positioned felt furniture pads in strategic positions around the Coop to ease the plastic on plastic creaking and groaning.

The top two are: counter positioned stickers on door and edge of front cockpit bulkhead. AND then a sticker on the edge of chair headrest/edge of rear passenger gran handles. Makes a HUGE difference.

Also have been spotted regularly tightening up the screws in and around the interior of the car- cursing myself for yet again not remembering to buy some Loctite.

Recently took opportunity while car was up on ramps having aux belt replaced to check tension on screws to air and water hoses....SHOCKED at how loose these had all become as well!

Starting to think owning a set of scissor jacks may pay for themselves!

Regards

MM
Posted By: Morrison

Re: The most anal Coupé attention - 15/10/2020 13:30

When I win the lottery I'll personally fund an apprenticeship scheme so that Joe can get some extra pairs of hands while training new mechanics to work at fcss. Then we can all sit around drinking tea and petting dogs
Posted By: Trappy

Re: The most anal Coupé attention - 15/10/2020 14:43

Originally Posted by Master_Mariner
Got to be placing a set of counter positioned felt furniture pads in strategic positions around the Coop to ease the plastic on plastic creaking and groaning.

I've gone around two sets of Coupé interiors with thinly cut strips of sticky back felt over the years. It makes an amazing difference to the perception of build quality when it's completely squeak, creak and rattle free!

I'm actually going back to a black interior 'soon' and so will have to do it all over again aon th new set I've acquired laugh

Re: The most anal Coupé attention - 15/10/2020 14:53

Originally Posted by Morrison
When I win the lottery I'll personally fund an apprenticeship scheme so that Joe can get some extra pairs of hands while training new mechanics to work at fcss. Then we can all sit around drinking tea and petting dogs

Holiday lets/second homes in a new Drum&Monkey extension ?
Posted By: Morrison

Re: The most anal Coupé attention - 15/10/2020 20:09

Hell yeah, buy all the land in between and make a race track to the pub and back. Could build some lovely houses dotted around the fields, and thanks to Stan we won't even have to pay council tax on them.
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK