Fiat Coupe Club UK

What do you love most about your coupe?

Posted By: samsite999

What do you love most about your coupe? - 29/10/2020 19:36

So .in light of my other post, what do you love? There must be something otherwise we wouldn't have people on there 3rd coupe.

For me, the roomy cabin and the looks, nothing else looks the same. The same car over the range can be so completely different that in effect it's a completely different car that only looks the same
Posted By: Edinburgh

Re: What do you love most about your coupe? - 29/10/2020 19:58

For me it's the feel. The fact that it's connected to your feet and hands and responds when you ask.

It's like playing a Steinway piano after something more modest.

Yes there are ECU's but (unless it's a VIS) it's not drive-by-wire...

And the design - stunning cool

Re: What do you love most about your coupe? - 29/10/2020 22:39

Believe it or not, a great part of ownership is also the type of people that tend to own them,
I have made some truly great friends because of the car. Joe, Steve, Reuben, Neil, Jake, Renie, mir, I can go on and on. The amount of awsome clever Intresting people I have shared travels with, Simon, Neil, Dave, the amount of crazy people I have meet, crazy hitchhiker who wanted to share a caravan with me.
Honestly the list goes on, the trip to Alton towers, the track days, the sprint sessions, I have have been welcomed in to homes, shared meals. Because of a forum of a car.

So yeh, there are some bits I love

Re: What do you love most about your coupe? - 29/10/2020 22:51

Actually you put your finger on it Sam, I've made more friends than any other time through owning these, right up and down the country and over in Europe, been to Spa and Assen - stuff I'd never dreamed of doing.

So sod all the coop dislikes elsewhere, that well makes up for it smile

Re: What do you love most about your coupe? - 29/10/2020 22:56

I forgot to mention enjoyable evening out with Simon and possably drinking to much real ale smile
That was a tough training day the next day!
Posted By: JKD

Re: What do you love most about your coupe? - 30/10/2020 00:01

I love the fact that with a medium(ish) level of modding, a little old Fiat can pull this off...

click to enlarge

Yes, you can make a lot of ordinary cars as fast as/faster than a supercar, but not many can be made to look so good that they don't seem embarrassed standing next to one.

Re: What do you love most about your coupe? - 30/10/2020 00:10

Actually, I love this fact so much that I shall post the photo again, along with a video clip to demonstrate also how excited I am by this.

click to enlarge

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NR7GE5fzELM
Posted By: Gripped

Re: What do you love most about your coupe? - 30/10/2020 09:41

rofl rofl

Good old Rick. cry
Posted By: jimboy

Re: What do you love most about your coupe? - 30/10/2020 09:57

I can only echo what’s been said regarding making friends due to the Coop and what it represents. The cars owners tend to be interesting and have a different view from the crowd. It’s the only car I have owned and look back after parking up and think every time, I own that love Anyone that knows me on here will know that I could blether on for hours about the Coop. blabla

Re: What do you love most about your coupe? - 30/10/2020 14:19

Originally Posted by jimboy
Anyone that knows me on here will know that I could blether on for hours about the Coop. blabla

Please start a thread called "Jimboy Blethering on about the Coop." laugh

I would actually be very interested to read about your experiences of driving a Coop in the misty highlands of Scotland as well as other aspects of living in Scotland that enhance the whole Coop experience!
Posted By: wink

Re: What do you love most about your coupe? - 30/10/2020 15:24

First time I sat in a Coupe in a showroom I really liked the retro dash styling, and I still love the look of the car, inside and out. Plus the engine, that smooth surge of turbo that you just have to wait for a little bit - ok so turbo lag is so last century, but characterful.
Posted By: KevinW

Re: What do you love most about your coupe? - 30/10/2020 16:27

Performance, quietness, shape, colour, classy feel and design, ride, room, sound system and seats (now upgraded), individuality, rarity, general condition (despite age).

Re: What do you love most about your coupe? - 30/10/2020 17:08

Originally Posted by JKD
Originally Posted by jimboy
Anyone that knows me on here will know that I could blether on for hours about the Coop. blabla

Please start a thread called "Jimboy Blethering on about the Coop." laugh

I would actually be very interested to read about your experiences of driving a Coop in the misty highlands of Scotland as well as other aspects of living in Scotland that enhance the whole Coop experience!

NO, don't get him started ... laugh
Posted By: Theresa

Re: What do you love most about your coupe? - 30/10/2020 23:28

I love the practicality it has, considering the type of car it is, ie: passengers have room in the back

I love driving it and how it drives.

I love the interior and the comfort (except for dropped head lining sitting on my head) laugh

I love the Club/forum and the people I've met through it love

I love the variety of colours they were made in.

I've used mine almost every day for 14 years and I have to say/dare I say it, I love the reliability of it shocked laugh

Re: What do you love most about your coupe? - 31/10/2020 13:42

Unsure if this is for the "love" or "hate" thread, but "our lad in Dubai" has offered this for our delectation

Attached picture IMG-20201031-WA0001.jpg
© 2024 Fiat Coupe Club UK